Waterfall/Organ Keys Keyboards for Midi Controller

Dougee

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone use Keyboards like the Roland VR-09, Hammond SK1 61, Crumar Mojo 61, for a Midi Controller to hook up to an ipad and use ipad apps??

I like the Waterfall/Organ like keys but hard to find a Midi Controller with them so I thought maybe the following might work with the ipad apps??

Dougee

Silver Supporting Member
A couple more, GSI DMC-122 Dual Midi Console Controller, and Studiologic Numa Organ 2 ??

If they have a USB Midi Out, does that make it Class Compliant or will it have to say that somewhere??
Some of the descriptions are kinda/sorta vague about Midi, does it have to say ipad compatible or something like that??

Mildwest

Silver Supporting Member
A couple more, GSI DMC-122 Dual Midi Console Controller, and Studiologic Numa Organ 2 ??

If they have a USB Midi Out, does that make it Class Compliant or will it have to say that somewhere??
Some of the descriptions are kinda/sorta vague about Midi, does it have to say ipad compatible or something like that??
If it doesn't say, check the manual or email the companies support. But I imagine 99% or more of USB midi outs would be class compliant.

Dougee

Silver Supporting Member
Here is what Crumar/GSI says:

with an ipad and mojo61 you can:
1) connect to mojo61 webapp using wifi
2) Use ipad and a dedicated app to control mojo61 (requires some kind of interface from ipad to mojo61 usb B or midi in)
3) Use mojo61 to trugger sounds inside the ipad (requires some kind of interface from mojo61 usb B or midi out to ipad)

this can be done using an interface able to convert midi messages (from midi out ports or from USB ports of DMC-122) to ipad connector.
I think something like this:
http://www.sweetwater.com/c1059--iPad_iPhone_MIDI_Interfaces
Basically I don't see any reason why it can't work... those kind of interface will convert midi messages (arriving from DMC-122 midi or USB) to something that iPad apps are able to read.

So can you kinda/sorta explain all this and line me out Please??? I think I understand but would like your Expertise Please!!

What about an Interface like this to handle any Midi/ipad connections:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iConnMIDI4L

Mildwest

Silver Supporting Member
Then all you need is the apple camera connection kit. Essentially it is a lightning connector on end and a USB input in the other. USB cable out of mojo and into camera connector, then camera connector to iPad. Those are either $29 or $39. You don't need a separate interface unless you also want to record audio input or interface a guitar or bass with the iPad. For a midi controller the camera connector adapter is all you need. The device will then ahow up in your midi in and outs.

Mildwest

Silver Supporting Member
If that's your budget and your getting something that expensive with sounds I would also be looking at the Nord Electro series. Very nice keyboards. I'm sure the Crumar is too, but I'd try both if you can.

Dougee

Silver Supporting Member
I see what your saying but I can get the Mojo 61 for around $1100.00 at Thomann and all the Nord's are at least twice that much!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom