Sold Waterslide USA Telebacker 'Sonic Blue' w/Lollar El Rayo & Teisco Gold Foil Pickups + Fender Lic Neck

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by paperair, Jun 1, 2015.

1. paperair

paperair Supporting Member

SOLDDDDDD "Made in the USA" with a White Pine body & a Nitrocellulose Lacquer Sonic Blue finish that's been lightly relic'd and aged. The whole guitar weighs in at 6lbs 4oz total so it's LIGHT! I've accumulated a lot of parts over the years from building Strats and Teles so I wanted to try building something a little different. This body shape is derived from a Rickenbacker Combo 800, same as Fano uses on their RB6.

The neck is a Fender Licensed Musikraft maple neck with a nice & substantial Fat C profile that's .98-.99", reminds me of my Nocaster neck. It's 1 11/16" at the nut with a 10" radius & 6105 Frets.

The pickups are a Lollar El Rayo in the bridge and a real-deal vintage, 60's-era Teisco Gold Foil pickup in the neck. They sound really great individually and blend well together with nice string definition and thump. There's also Bourns audio taper pots, a 3-way switch, Sprague Orange Drop, cloth covered wiring and an Electro Socket jack.

This one comes in a hardshell case for SOLDDDD. Please email me for international shipping rates.

I mostly take custom orders these days, check out my brand spankin' new website for examples of recent builds:
    www.waterslideguitars.com

Video was recorded directly into GarageBand, no amps, pedals, speakers or microphones were used.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Rockitman