Way "Huge" ebay prices...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by elambo, Sep 19, 2005.

1. basscracker

basscracker Guest

2. johan

johan Member

Crazy as it is, I guess it's all supply and demand...

Anyone wanna trade a Clay Jones OD for my Way Huge Green Rhino (#1xx) ?? :)

3. GREATPHARO

GREATPHARO Senior Member

Yeah or maybe he is just plain greedy and thinks he can get more. Which is more than likely the case.

No worries I am over it. You can get the same sounds out of the Rhino and the Llama together anyway.

4. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

why did you sell this pedal in the first place if you are so concerned about what is going to happen to it?

5. GREATPHARO

GREATPHARO Senior Member

As I said I sold it to what I thought was a fellow gear head not a profiteer. I often makes sales or trades to people that want to try rare gear. This is the first time anyone has ever outsold me so to speak. So while I understand the basic laws of econimics (although some think they are explaining something new) I have had great expereinces with people based on only their word. Which is the way it should be. Like I said though No worries. This is just one of those experiences that you learn from. I guess I will just keep all the gear I have instead letting others to also enjoy it.

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

"So while I understand the basic laws of econimics (although some think they are explaining something new)"

Sir, I'd have to say after looking at some of you're other posts, you post pretty arrogant statements. But, anyone who understood "the basic laws of economics" WOULD NOT possess such ill-informed notions. Like...
    "I have had great expereinces with people based on only their word. Which is the way it should be."
    This single statement reveals you're training in "the basic laws of economics". When has economics or life ever been the way you think things “should be”? Economics explain the way things ARE.

I'm not explaining anything “new", just things you don't appear to understand. And you keep reiterating your erroneous notions over and over again as if by doing so they become correct.

Good luck on future transactions, I repeat though… you should become more informed if you’re going to sell $1,000 pedals (or whatever it was worth).

7. 6AM

6AM Member

I can't even count how many times I've heard someone say, "if you ever think about selling this, let me know first" when I was buying something off them. I've even said it a few times. When I hear that I think that the person is just trying to close the sale with a feeling of getting a good deal.

I'm not sure what the exact terms of the sale were, but I assume that GREATPHARO's comment probably came off as a casual comment to whoever bought the pedal, not a binding agreement of any type.

This just seems like petty sellers remorse.

8. tfunster

tfunster Silver Supporting Member

Does anyone here know why Way Huge went out of business???

9. tfunster

tfunster Silver Supporting Member

Do the people paying 1k realize this????

10. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

we live in times where sucking is astoundingly cool.
    has anyone checked out the ad copy for the metasonix agonizer or butt probe????
    they tell U that both pedals suck really bad and give testimonials from peeps who say how bad they suck and they only do a run of 100.
    brilliant marketing.
    and pretty cool pedals.....
    for those that like pedals that

SUCK!!!

11. Madsman

Madsman Member

Why does one put something on ebay that one expects to keep in the hands of "fellow gearheads?"

This is all BS. I know you care about the pedal, and I respect that. But you are trying to circular reason your way out of the fact that you freaking sold the thing. You were done with it. Its time with you had ended. YOU LET IT GO.

At the point at which you accepted MONEY IN RETURN FOR IT, you were no longer trying to help other gearheads out. You wanted to either profit, or as you say, get what you paid for it. NEITHER ONE is more or less noble than the buyer selling the pedal again.

If it wasn't about the money at all, you would have given it to a friend and said "When you don't want to use it anymore, give it back. I don't want you to sell this or trade it away." But you SOLD IT. You SOLD IT FOR MONEY, and that was your right, just like it was the other dude's.

I wish I had some of your money, to be splattering $1750 on a single pedal. I'm too busy playing music to make that kind of money. :) Seriously though... all kidding aside, if the money means that little to you, and you just want the pedal played, only a fool would ebay it. I find it hard to accept that you even believe the words you're typing. I know I can't. I refuse to accept that you can type as well as you do, but can't figure out that selling goods is not the same as sharing, and the community of ebay buyers is not a community of gearheads and friends, but rather people trying to make money or save money. You knew exactly what you were doing, and you're not that naive. Now stop pretending everyone ELSE is so naive as to believe the BS.

12. GREATPHARO

GREATPHARO Senior Member

I didn't sell it on ebay. I sold it off the gear page. Thanks for your input madsman.

13. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

Just hearing about people paying thousands of dollars for stomp boxes makes me want to never buy another one. I think that most people who keep buying every new pedal out there will never be happy with their tone and their real problem is their addicted to buying new gear. There are a lot of good pedals that can help you sound better but if you havn't played and practiced for thousands of hours and played hundreds or thousands of gigs then who cares. I see some people on this forum who just started playing guitar, when I first started I wasn't worried about gear I just wanted to play. If you have only been playing for a short time and you are already looking for gear to save your playing then good luck ever becoming an accomplished musician. I've heard clips of people saying this is such a great lead pedal and then I listen to the clip and I can hardly even sit through it because the playing is so amateaur. I mean some of these people don't even know how to stretch notes in key. I'm not knocking beginners, I'm a guitar teacher and I appreciate everyone who wants to play the guitar, but I think it's a little ridiculous when someone is spending hundreds of dollars on overdrive pedals and they can barely even play. Their not musicians, their fans of musicians.

14. emeprod

emeprod Member

Please let me know the resource for this "statue of frauds" that requires deals involving payment of $500 or more be in writing. The only statute of frauds I studied in law school was that pertaining to contracts in real estate.

15. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

"Please let me know the resource for this "statue of frauds" that requires deals involving payment of $500 or more be in writing. The only statute of frauds I studied in law school was that pertaining to contracts in real estate."

emeprod,

Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Sale of goods...

Federal law governing the transfer of goods and services, subsequent to the Uniform Sales Act. I'm not a lawer, nor do I pretend to be, just an accountant that had to take some Business Law. :AOK

16. emeprod

emeprod Member

True, the UCC does provide for such a rule. However, since not all states use the UCC verbatim, it is possible that the particular state that this contract was made in does not include that particular provision.

Actually, I suppose that one could argue there was never a contract at all, since there was no writing, and the initial sale that Pharo made was void from the outset and, therefore, he should get the pedal back.

Anyway, thanks for the reference and now, back to regular programming.

17. moderndrummer

moderndrummer Member

I collect but I play what I collect I want to get into this way huge craze but not the craziness that comes with it.

18. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

I think that the main designer went to work for Line 6.

19. Terry Hayes

Terry Hayes Member

That is correct. George Tripps got a 'way huge" offer.

Terry

20. GREATPHARO

GREATPHARO Senior Member

Even I have to admit thats awesome that John got some moron to pay over $5000 for that pedal which is essentially an Ibanez ts10. Kudos to John