• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Way Huge Fat Sandwich Impulse Buy

zmobley84

It was the SDOTD at Musicians Friend for $80 so I decided to give it a go even though the last thing I need is another distortion pedal. Anybody played one of these things? Should I get my hopes up?

RBfan

Yes, got one a while ago in a trade. Give it a chance-all too often pedals like this get flipped before one really sees what they can do.

A few thoughts: it's noisy. Yes, noisy, that's it-into a non-tube amp, that could be problematic. Lots of tweaking available so try some different things. Imho-better with HB's than with SC's. Just my opinion.

Last thing-like some dirt pedals it responds differently with a buffer in front of it. I like it better that way, but try it both ways.

I love my FS, but generally the reviews are mixed.

T

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Outstanding Distortion pedal! Fantastic tones. As good as any boutique offering.

kwaping

Guitar payer
I loved mine. Sold it to fund a new amp and have been wishing I still had it ever since.

Of course, that SDOTD was the only one I've missed checking all year... :peenut

Trending Topics

Top Bottom