Way Huge is back . . .

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WienerDog, Jan 4, 2008.

1. WienerDog

WienerDog Supporting Member

Check out the press release on the musictoyz.com home page! Looks like they'll be at NAMM.

2. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

I wonder if this includes some of the previous Way Huge stuff - i'd love to try an Aqua Puss!

3. TJSmitty

TJSmitty Member

4. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

what does this mean for price of the old stuff??

AJ

5. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

The threats always been there, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a drop.

6. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

- Dunlop Manufacturing Inc., maker of the legendary Crybaby and MXR line of pedals, have announced a new partnership with famed boutique effect pedal manufacturer Way Huge Electronics. Originally launched in 1992 by Jeorge Tripps, Way Huge Electronics began as a result of the desire to create killer sounding effect pedals that were road rugged and pedalboard friendly. Press Release !

they mention these:
    Aqua-Puss Analog Delay, Red Llama Overdrive, Saffron Squeeze, and Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz
    "Pulled directly from the pedalboard of effects guru Jeorge Tripps , new pedal designs with finely tuned electronics, high-grade components and road worthy construction will debut at the 2008 NAMM show. Way Huge Electronics will be available through a select worldwide dealer network and this time will deliver boutique tones to the masses."

7. jaimo

jaimo Member

8. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

9. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Glad I held off picking up that AP :eek:

10. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

Anyone knows Jeorge Tripps story after he went to Line 6???
    Check out: th site is back.
    http://www.wayhuge.com/

11. jayn

jayn Member

Glad I sold my Saffron Squeeze :p (even though it's a very good comp, there are others that are just as good or better).

12. voodoosound

voodoosound Funk & Grooven member Silver Supporting Member

I knew it was only a matter of time. Many have known for a while.

13. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I've owned the SP and RL, and did not care for them AT ALL. I did like the Squeeze, but not enough to spend that much on a pedal comp. Never tried the delay, although I hear it was very good.

14. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Clean bleed?

15. hurleysurf

hurleysurf Member

Look again. Sounds to me like it will be all new designs. Read: no reissued AP, SS, or anything else. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I'm gonna wait til NAMM to decide.

16. dbx

dbx Member

It's going to be interesting to see what the new ones are about. I remember reading something sometime back where Jeorge just got burned out on the production details of the WH effort. With Dunlop carrying on the manufacturing and all of those hassles, it might be a better mix for JT...I wonder if they'll use the same boxes/graphics? In the case of the Aqua-Puss I don't know what BBD he used in them so there might be some differences in components. There might be a drop off in the prices of the original series, but you'll probably see "pre-Dunlop" attached to sales ad now...good for him...

17. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

I don't think there was a single wayhuge pedal that was really original. They were the first to use 3PDT for true bypass + LED. The rhino is a TS808 clone, the foot pig is a fuzzface, the compressor is a ross/dyncomp, the swallen pickle I think is a big muff clone, the red llama is an anderton tubesound fuzz variation, and the list goes on. I think that was the original idea: recreation of classic pedals from the past in smaller, more modern, and more reliable boxes,... and of course with cooler names.

18. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

19. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

DUNLOP MANUFACTURING TO RELAUNCH WAY HUGE ELECTRONICS

Benicia , CA. January 4 th , 2008.
    Dunlop Manufacturing Inc., maker of the legendary Crybaby and MXR line of pedals, have announced a new partnership with famed boutique effect pedal manufacturer Way Huge Electronics. Originally launched in 1992 by Jeorge Tripps , Way Huge Electronics began as a result of the desire to create killer sounding effect pedals that were road rugged and pedalboard friendly. Way Huge created legendary effects which quickly found their way into the hands—and onto the pedalboards of the world's guitar elite. Using only high-grade circuitry, Way Huge created such effect masterpieces as the Aqua-Puss Analog Delay, Red Llama Overdrive, Saffron Squeeze, and Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz.
    With the success of the highly acclaimed Jimi Hendrix Authentic Analog series of pedals under their belt, the partnership will develop a new series of Way Huge pedals built under the watchful eye of Mr. Huge himself. "Dunlop's 25 years of meticulous attention to detail in manufacturing and Jeorge Tripps' spectacular creations are a winning team!" cited Dunlop Manufacturing Vice President Jimi Dunlop .
    Pulled directly from the pedalboard of effects guru Jeorge Tripps , new pedal designs with finely tuned electronics, high-grade components and road worthy construction will debut at the 2008 NAMM show. Way Huge Electronics will be available through a select worldwide dealer network and this time will deliver boutique tones to the masses.
    For more information, contact Dunlop Manufacturing Inc., (707) 745-2722, or visit www.jimdunlop.com. NAMM Booth #4768

20. utterhack

utterhack Gold Supporting Member

Based on the updated Way Huge site, it looks like we can expect:

Blue Hippopotamus BH-1
    Green Rhino GH-2
    Red Llama RL-2
    Foot Pig FP-[illegible]
    Purple Platypus PP-1

Perhaps MrHuge will chime in... or perhaps not.

Either way, I'm sure he wouldn't risk the legacy and put the name on these if they weren't up to snuff. Should be fun times :AOK