• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Way Huge Pork Loin, where does it stand vs. OCD, BOR...etc.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a replacement for my OCD. I've been using it live for a while now and have had a bit of a problem getting it to cut through.

I went to a local shop and played the BOR and the Way Huge Pork Loin. The BOR seems a bit loose and had quite a low mid boost kind of thing going on... I couldn't really tell if this would bother me in a band situation, I could see how it would be a good thing.

Then, I played the Pork Loin. Seemed like a great, versitile pedal! While I loved having the feature of the clean blend, although it's not really something I would use right now.

I wanted to see if anyone could compare these and their experiences with them.

Last edited:

RebelRebel

The PL is on my board right now....beat out the OCD,Tim and BoR.

I find I use the clean blend higher up than the actual dirt of the pedal....it adds a nice top end cut....but not in a harsh way. The PL covers a lot of ground..more than what I use it for...which is to push and already pushed amp.

I find the PL sits better with my amp too....it has all the traits of a great OD.

I'm also using an AC boost for fattening up leads.

All the pedals mentioned here are pretty different...but they serve a similar purpose...it's probably a matter of taste as to what you might prefer.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
It seems like I'm going to have to just get a PL and maybe a BOR and see how they work for me.

I love the OCD by it self but live it just doesn't work for me... I feel like the BOR would work great live but might be a little looser then what I'd like.

Thanks for the input.

zachary vex

When you get a chance, you may wish to try a Distortron in comparison, because it has a sub reduction selector switch. They'll ship in April to many of my dealers.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
This is the first I've heard of the Distortron. (I can't spend all my time hanging around here...).

My guess is that it's just the right side of the BOR with a few more options?

zachary vex

Yes, a subs switch to shave off excess subs (three position, including original BOR level), and a gain switch to slightly increase gain if you wish (but it doesn't completely clean up with the guitar's volume control when it's in the high position).

RebelRebel

When you get a chance, you may wish to try a Distortron in comparison, because it has a sub reduction selector switch. They'll ship in April to many of my dealers.

That sounds really interesting.

I really liked the BoR..the boost side was great and the dirt side was really cool too, but the dirt side had a really strong low mid...almost too punchy, as strange as that seems...probably varied from amp to amp..but that's what I found with my set-up.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
That sounds really interesting.

I really liked the BoR..the boost side was great and the dirt side was really cool too, but the dirt side had a really strong low mid...almost too punchy, as strange as that seems...probably varied from amp to amp..but that's what I found with my set-up.
I found the same low-mid thing when I tried one out...

Trending Topics