Way Huge?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Wooley, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Wooley

Wooley Member

So what's the deal?

Aren't these supposed to be like the Holy Grail (not EH) of pedals?

How come I'm not hearing more buzz? How come they're so easily available? Anyone tried these new ones and have opinions?

Balls.

2. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

uh dude...mostly have not hit stores yet.....

word

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Also, they're built by Dunlop to Jorge's specs, not hand built by him...

4. Jay Douglas

Jay Douglas Member

They were cool when Jorge made them....now they're, well...Dunlop

5. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

I don't mind. I love my Carbon Copy, and based upon that... I had no fear in purchasing sight unseen.

6. Wooley

Wooley Member

Ah hah!
    There had to be something.
    They are supposedly up for sale right now on Musictoyz. Not sold out. Wondered why not if they were so great.
    Thanks.

7. onemind

onemind Member

I believe the ones on the MusicToyz site are 'pre-orders'

8. Wooley

Wooley Member

I see.
    Well, I probably won't pre-order anything. I have a bajillion pedals, and was only looking at these out of pedal-junkie interest. I can't even pick an OD out of all the ones I already have, so getting another that's a Dunlop doesn't seem to make much sense.

9. Wiz-ski

Wiz-ski Member

So are they planning to reissue the AquaPuss as well?

10. aaronweits

aaronweits Member

Maybe they'll take the Aqua Puss, and fill it with the guts of a Carbon Copy :)

Not that the Carbon Copy is terrible,

It's no Aqua Puss, though.

I'll be interested to hear the Red Llama

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  11. RickB

RickB Member

:confused: Actually, Toyz is getting the first 50 of each of them and they are enroute to them currently. Toyz is shipping them to buyers on 10/14. They presold the first 50 of each. The Pickle and Sandwich are both sold out and at the moment, they are showing 13 Loins left for presale.

12. sa1126

sa1126 Member

I got to hear them at the Austin pedalfest. They sound awesome- you wouldn't think they are some mass produced pedal by Dunlop ;)

13. Wooley

Wooley Member

Yeah, the Loin was the one that piqued my interest.

14. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

The Mad Ape has 10 of each... well, I should say less because I have a "PorkLoin" and "FatSandwich" shipping Monday.

http://www.themadape.com

15. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

I used to have almost all wayhuge pedals back when they hit the market. The red llama is the tube sound fuzz from Craig Anderton's book, and sounds like an old fender tube amp at 11. I had the number 3 aqua puss... a highly overrated pedal. Mine made a whistling noise when used after the wah... After I sold it someone told me it could be fixed by some trimpot adjustment but I never had a chance to confirm that... I'd be very surprised if the MXR carbon copy were no better than the aqua puss...

Having said that, I think way huge's new pedals are going to be a blast... they sound awesome, and with a larger productiuon line than the originals, they are going to be affordable and available...

16. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

There were at least 3 versions of the Aquapuss and they got better. Mine is the best delay I've ever owned (for straight echo) and dead silent in all circumstances. I actually played some samples at one of the guitar shows very briefly, sounded good...

17. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I built one and owned one, but I used it with a Naylor SuperDrive 60 and it drove that amp really well. I think the Red Llama's sound will depend on the amp you use... at least from my experience.

18. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

I agree. It seems to me the red llama will not do a whole lot to the guitar signal aside from clipping it... not a whole lot of tone shaping or filtering. Many people actually don't like it because that makes it fuzzier, less smooth, and a lot more raspy than other pedals. I think it's a great very organic pedal.

19. JakeELee

JakeELee Member

I've tried a lot of the old Way Huge Pedals myself. The Saffron Squeeze comp and the Red Llama were nothing special imo. The Swollen Pickle was good but it really only did one thing which wasn't always what you wanted in a fuzz. The 2nd versions of both the Green Rhino and the Aqua Puss are absolutely stellar. I still have them on my board to date and have no need to even look at other comparable pedals. I did order the new Pork Loin, that one does interest me, even if it only ends up on my smaller "grab & go" board.