way to switch between sets of pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Noah, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

This might be an obvious question to some but i'm new to pedals. Is there any way to switch between various sets of pedals for different sounds without having to hit every pedal individually? For instance, if i want to leave some pedals on all the time so when I hit a lead sound there are about 3 pedals in that loop(fuzz, od, and wah) , and for another lead sound there might be only an overdrive and a delay or something ? If so how many loops can I set up? does anybody else do this? it just seems like an impossible thing to get the sounds in my head without this. Thanks!

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

check out www.loooper.com for cheap and affordable solution to your common prob ;)

3. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

whoa cool!

4. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

ok i admit it, I'm a pedal idiot. How would I have some of the same effects in different loops with that?

5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'm not sure if I understand your question. However you set up your loooper, it's really up to your own ingenuity as to what you'd want.

For example, let's say you buy a 3 loooper. Put your fuzz and wah in loop 1, your OD in loop 2, and your delay in loop 3. Simply stomp on loop 1&2, or loop 2&3 depending on what you want.

Another possibility would be to buy a 2 loooper. Then you can buy another OD (a digitech bad monkey is an amazing pedal for only 40 bucks) and put your lead sound 1 in loop 1 and your lead sound 2 in loop 2

That's only 2 possibilities, there are limitless ways to do it. I got my loooper in august, and I must have reconfigured it 4 times since then, with the most recent being about 3 weeks ago!

6. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

ok I get it, no problem! thanks!

7. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

http://www.woboge.com

Check out the Prog Looper. It is programmable via DIP switches on the side and you have a lot of options of how to work with several loops. You can divide your effects into sets by type and make a loop with each, or make several loops of different combinations of effects, and you can also select a combination of them and layer in and out the loops of effects. For $250, it's a pretty cool piece of gear. Like a control system.

8. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

9. rewog

rewog Member

Noah
    Go here:-
    http://www.loooper.com/

and check out the A/B pedal or A/B option on a looper. It's what you need to switch sets of pedals with one switch. Otherwise you will need to hit 2 switches with a normal looper.

10. jeak

jeak Member

Boss LS-2.