1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

wcr humbucker in strats

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by joolzriff, Jun 27, 2006.

1. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

what do u all have in the bridge of your strats ?
    i currently have a pearly gates and like it but its a tad trebly and i would like it to clean up a bit better with VOL roll back,,,,,what WCR would i buy.
    playing classic rock and also using 2 single coils with humbucker

2. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

I would think a Darkburst or Goodwood would do the trick. Real smooth and clean up well with voulme changes. Also split pretty nice too.

3. GDSblues

GDSblues Member

I replaced my Pearly Gates with a Dimarzio PAF PRO. Works great for me.

4. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

Consider the Filmore. It's only slightly hotter than the others when in humbucking mode, but it splits nicely to a single coil. If you want a mellower tone take a look at the Fralin Unbucker.

5. NuSkoolTone

NuSkoolTone Member

Consider the Rio Grande BBQ/Texas. Some of the best split sounds I've ever heard. They're packin a little heat and bring the meat!

6. Turbozag

Turbozag Senior Member

I'd second the Darkburst/Goodwood recommendation!

But all of Jim's humbuckers sound great to me. Although there are a couple models I haven't had a chance to listen too.

I'm kinda partial to the Darkburst.

BTW, Jim's a very cool guy, give him a call and tell him what you are looking for and he will guide you to the right pickup!

7. Mike Dresch

Mike Dresch Silver Supporting Member

I've got Fillmores in a couple different strat type guitars, and both sound great to my ears. Great split tones!

8. Mrgearguy

Mrgearguy Member

I played a pair of darkbursts in a set neck 24/3/4" scale mahogany guitar and they seemed a bit "muffled" sounding, but with a strat that might just be the ticket.

Gearguy

9. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

thankyou all for your replys