We demand a red llama

popinvasion

We demand a red llama.

and i guess we now expect a red llama. If we were given an aqua puss, well its time for a red llama. Its only fair. Whats the word?

CE-2 Man

Its the usual Jim Dunlop thing, they can't just reissue the ones we want, they have to start making pedals of their own design under a famous banner.

Theyve done it with MXR, Univibe and now Way Huge. Its only a matter of time before the resurrect Mu-Tron and bring us the Musitronics Munky signature model Metal Flanger or a Bass Distortion haha

YETI

Gold Supporting Member
General Guitar Gadgets has a Red Llama clone available.....excellent pedal.

kldonegan

Its the usual Jim Dunlop thing, they can't just reissue the ones we want, they have to start making pedals of their own design under a famous banner.

Theyve done it with MXR, Univibe and now Way Huge. Its only a matter of time before the resurrect Mu-Tron and bring us the Musitronics Munky signature model Metal Flanger or a Bass Distortion haha

This is wrong. Jeorge Tripps is designing every one of the reissues himself.

todd richman

Another really good RL type pedal is the XTS Custom Pedals (Xactone) Fuzzy Tube Driver. Tom Petty has one on his new board replacing his original Llama.

popinvasion

Yeah, they are easy to build at home and some small companies offer similar circuits, but the charm of way huge is way huge. The name, the cool enclosures, the whole she-bang. I don't want a little hammond enclosure clone. I want the real deal.

shadesofgray

I was far from impressed with the original red llama, it's very dark even through a vox
not very good string separation either.. to each his own i guess.

jay42

hmm...I built a few of the Anderton boxes in the early 80's...should try the llama tweaks I guess. I thought it was okay, but not that great.

popinvasion

I was far from impressed with the original red llama, it's very dark even through a vox
not very good string separation either.. to each his own i guess.

tell that to tom petty.

(at this point I am sure I will be pointed in the direction of the XTS again)

(you just wait, I bet Tom will have a real red llama back on his board asap)

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
We demand a red llama.

and i guess we now expect a red llama. If we were given an aqua puss, well its time for a red llama. Its only fair. Whats the word?

+1 I'd really like to see a Way Huge Red Llama reissue. Especially now that the Mojo Hand Mule is discontinued as well.

What do people think, will we get one?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom