• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Weather Report 1972

Rumblefish

Greatest f'n band ever! I saw Joe with Cannonball and the first weather report and again with Jaco.Loved every era of W.P.

AlChuck

Oh my god, thanks so much for that one, that's the earliest video clip of them I've seen yet...

johnzias

I saw them open for Zappa at Winterland in San Francisco in 1972. They killed it! Miroslav is a monster to this day. That was a 'headier" Weather Report. That band was great in all its incarnations.

AlChuck

I saw them shortly after this. It was a show at Carnegie Hall, I think, with Donald Byrd and the Blackbyrds, and the first electric incarnation of Return to Forever with Bill Connors still in the band. Weather Report was the highlight for me, though. Must have been 73 or 74? Between Sweetnighter and Mysterious Traveler... It was the first of maybe seven or eight times I saw them... but I missed the Alphonso Johnson period. Saw them several times with Jaco, and a couple of times later with Victor Bailey...

mosesblues

Silver Supporting Member
Cool. Have not listened to Weather Report for a long time. Spent some time watching the A Remark You Made clip as well. My late wife and I used to put that song on and slow-dance when we were in college - some 20 years ago. You would be hard pressed to find a more evoking ballad.

Moses

Trending Topics