Web based phone system for business?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by dB, Jan 17, 2015.

1. dB

dB Member

We are moving on up to a bigger, more "official" office space. We're debating the best way to have a dedicated business phone number (we've been using our cell numbers up until now). I'm sure our internet provider will bundle a land line for next to nothing, but I can't wrap my brain around having a land line and having to dial in to a voicemail to pick up messages when not in the office. It seems like stepping back in time.

Are there any really good web based phone systems that can tie into our email or existing cell phones? Something that allows us to receive calls and listen to voicemails from the business line, but completely accessed on our personal iphones. Surely the notion of business lines has evolved...right?

2. BluesWannabe

BluesWannabe Member

Two services I have used:

Grasshopper

Ring Central

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

I do that with an iPhone and our regular office landline from Verizon. We tried several web based phone systems and they all sucked. Poor audio quality, dropped calls, you name it. Yes, a regular land line costs more (I think we pay $200 for 6 lines, one dedicated to a fax machine that sends the faxes to our emails), but it's reliable, the audio quality is outstanding and it just frigging works.

4. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

Visual Voice Mail will drop your voice mails right into email. Most VoIP systems offer this.