Web Strings Issues

danhops

I recently ordered a bunch of sets from Web Strings and I’ve had multiple sets with the issue where my wound strings have taken on a sitar like sound. Some over the full length of the string and others up to a certain fret where it disappears. Once the string (usually the d) is replaced the effect goes away. I’ve noticed this issue with multiple guitars and the remedy has always been to replace. I never had this problem with any other string brand and certainly will not purchase these again. I’m curious as to what could cause such a thing (break in the wrap?). I never had this issue with any other string. I’ve had 6 sets where this has either occurred after a fresh restring or after a few days of being strung up. I’m going back to daddario after this nonsense.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Round or hex core? Generally, string companies will replace bad strings if you let them know and want to know about problems. Also odds are the strings were made for Webstrings by D'addario since actual manufacturing has consolidated over the years.

danhops

Having a bad break angle over the nut can contribute to a sitar like sound. Did you possibly remove or reconfigure any string trees on the guitar?
No string trees added or removed. It’s the strangest thing. It’s happened on multiple guitars And only with these strings. I had two where one I got above a certain fret it went away. Never had these issues so I was wondering how this happens

Webstrings

I recently ordered a bunch of sets from Web Strings and I’ve had multiple sets with the issue where my wound strings have taken on a sitar like sound. Some over the full length of the string and others up to a certain fret where it disappears. Once the string (usually the d) is replaced the effect goes away. I’ve noticed this issue with multiple guitars and the remedy has always been to replace. I never had this problem with any other string brand and certainly will not purchase these again. I’m curious as to what could cause such a thing (break in the wrap?). I never had this issue with any other string. I’ve had 6 sets where this has either occurred after a fresh restring or after a few days of being strung up. I’m going back to daddario after this nonsense.
Danhops, first so sorry for the trouble, every once in a while the factory does something silly and the result is what you are experiencing, 99 out of 100 times it's the D string. We wou;ld love the opportunity to make it right for you and replace the bad stuff. You can shoot us an e-mail or give us a buzz and we'll take care of you. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, WP

danhops

Danhops, first so sorry for the trouble, every once in a while the factory does something silly and the result is what you are experiencing, 99 out of 100 times it's the D string. We wou;ld love the opportunity to make it right for you and replace the bad stuff. You can shoot us an e-mail or give us a buzz and we'll take care of you. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, WP
It was a pleasure speaking with you last week and discussing the issue which I had since I had never experienced such a thing in the past. I’ll restring a few guitars with the hopes that it’s smooth sailing from here on out as the replacement D strings for my remaining sets came in a few days ago. Again, my bad bad for not coming to you prior to my post. I’m quite embarrassed by the oversight.

Trending Topics