1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Weber 10f-150 10'' alternative? What's your preference

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by beedoola, Feb 22, 2012.

1. beedoola

beedoola Senior Member

I currently have this speaker in my old Epiphone pacemaker tube combo, I got the speaker for cheap a few years ago. It sounds alright but I'm curious as to what might be a better choice speaker.

I'm using les Pauls, the amp is single channel, I like it clean, use pedals for dirt. I downtune sometimes so a speaker that can handle lower frequencies; or as best as a single 10'' can, would be great.

Impedance on the amp is 8 ohm.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

I have a couple of the same Webers and they are great in my Fender. The only competition in my experience is an EVM-10M, Fane AXA10 and the Celestion G10S-50. In your experimentation, I would start with the Fane. Have heard good things about the WGS10 (C?)

3. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

Or the Fane Medusa 10-75. There are two for sale in the emporium, but doesn't say the impedance.

4. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I would buy as many G10S-50's as I could find, and then I would buy as many old Fanes as I could find. I have a 10F150T in my '59 Gibson GA-18T Explorer, but the reconed G10S-50's that I put in my Tremolux cab are unbelievably good. The Neo 10 is very good as well. I preferred the Neo over the 10F150T in my SF no-verb Princeton, but the 10F150T sounds a little better in the Explorer.

5. beedoola

beedoola Senior Member

Will take a look there, thanks!

6. beedoola

beedoola Senior Member

How about a Celestion G10E 30? got offered one in a trade

7. FFTT

FFTT Member

The Fanes are know for their tight low end, fast recovery, crisp detailed mids
    and lots of jangle on the top end.

A Celestion Gold 10 or EVM10M would be my other speakers to consider.