• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Weber 12F150 for 64 BFDR

JP~)

Weber recomends the 12F150 on their website as the replacement speaker for this amp. I've had good success using the 10F150T in other BF Fender amps, but none of those has a brite cap.

My question really boils down to this. Should I cut the brite cap on the DR and if so, would the 12F150 still be the correct choice over the 12F150T?

Lewguitar

I have two Deluxe Reverb amps and did not cut or remove the bright cap.

But I did install Celestion G12H30 speakers in both. ;)

Heady Jam Fan

I have on SFDR and had another one as well in the past and I cut the bright cap in both of them.

And I did install Celestion speakers in both ;)

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 12F150 in my BF non-reverb Deluxe and it's right at home.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
I have two Weber reconed 1961 Jensen C12PS's. One was reconed with the standard 12F150 cone and the other with the "T" cone. I really don't care for standard cone in my Deluxe Reverb but love the "T" cone in my non reverb Deluxe. When crossed over to my Deluxe Reverb, the "T" cone is very "traditional sounding" albeit a bit on the bright side.

soldersucker

As the owner of more than a few DR's my pick is the Cannabis Rex.
Especially if you keep the bright cap.

walter2

I own a Headstrong lil king (Princeton Reverb) with a Weber 12F150. I've given the speaker a lot of time and I am just not bonding with it. It sounds good for clean sounds at lower volumes, but with overdrive it can fizz out pretty quickly. I also find it to be "harsh" or "hard" in the high/mids. I also have owned several other 60's DR's and PR's and have had success with Celestions in the past.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
It sounds good for clean sounds at lower volumes, but with overdrive it can fizz out pretty quickly. I also find it to be "harsh" or "hard" in the high/mids. I also have owned several other 60's DR's and PR's and have had success with Celestions in the past.
I hear the same thing with the 12F150 in the Deluxe Reverb.

The new Celestion Creamback G12M-65 works very well. I haven't tried the G12H-65 Creamback yet.

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
^ Me, too. I've got a 50w ceramic Weber Blue Dog, their Vox-ish option, in a '64 Deluxe which has really held up well, and the impedance matches the OT tap.

JP~)

Thanks everyone. I had to get the crappy speaker that was in this amp out so I can use it and the only 12" I have here is an old P12. I put it in for now and it sounds good. Just have to remember to keep the volume down so I don't blow it :)

I have a 12F150T on order, but it doesn't have to go into the Deluxe, although I will try it there. If not, can move it to the Princeton w/the 12" baffle

DeaconBlues

I've got a Celestion Rocket 50 in my SFDR. Not a TGP favorite, but it sounds great in a DR. Plus, it's a lighter weight speaker(my amp weighs 36# vs the 41# avg.) and inexpensive.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom