Weber 12F150B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by humbert, Jan 20, 2008.

1. humbert

humbert Member

Hi-

Looking to mix up a 12F150 with something else--probably a 12F150B. I was wondering how the jury stands on the brightness of the "B". I use a number of overdrive pedals and am trying to avoid the "fizz factor" that comes along with using pedals into trebly or bitey/harsh speakers.

If the "B" isn't a good choice, can you recommend me something that will sit well with the 12F150?

Thanks,

Tim

2. Dave

Dave Member

Bump.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the 12F150B as well.

3. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

I've had a 25 watt 12F150B for several years. I've liked it alone as well as matched with other speakers. It doesn't strike me as being much brighter than the non B cone, it just adds a bit of extra character in the upper mids that I like. I originally bought it for a DRRI. That amp is gone but the speaker stayed behind. I played it for a while in my Double Deluxe paired with a 12A150. I really liked it in a 1x12 open back cab with my Z-28 head and I currently have it paired with a 12A150W in an open back 2x12 cab. Nice Americn voiced speaker with a little something extra\different. As with anything having to do with tone, YMMV.

4. Dave

Dave Member

Do you think the B cone works better than the regular 12F150 with OD/distortion?

5. JDJ

JDJ Member

I've had both in the same cab. The B is less bright and has more mids.

6. pula58

pula58 Silver Supporting Member

Funny, but I felt my 12F150B was brighter than my 12F150. I guess we all hear things differently! My guess is that the two of them together would be nice!

The B is a nice speaker. It is very efficient so I have one in my Princeton Reverb in an attempt to make it loud as I can.

Ted Weber sent me a paper dome that I glued to the speaker that tamed a little of its brightness.

P.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Member

Thread revival!

I'm looking for the same info....a speaker to mate with a 12F150 that handles high gain with no fizz. Any new thoughts since 2008?