• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Weber Blue Dog Alnico in a tweed Blues Junior...IT FIT!

brittwin

Gold Supporting Member
I had a Weber Blue Dog Alnico that I had in a 1x12... I saw that with the rear magnet cover removed, it reduced the depth enough that I took a chance to see if it would mount up without interference with the chassis in my tweed Blues Junior NOS. There is less than 1/4" clearance between the back of the magnet and the chassis, but everthing cleared... and I'm glad I made the swap. It sounds phenominal in this amp. The 15 watt Blue Dog did break up fairly easily. I put a NOS Jan 5751 tube in the V1 preamp to slow down the breakup and now I have a smooth cream that breaks up ever so lightly as I turn up the volume....

topboost

I like what you're saying! I've been jonesing about having an alnico in mine. Any problems with running it without a cover?

Voxguy76

I was able to get my Weber Blue into a Blues Jr with the cover on...however it was a very tight fit.

johnh

Apparently you can turn the baffle around in the Blues Jnr, which can help speakers fit in some cases. Might be worth looking at.

brittwin

Gold Supporting Member
I like what you're saying! I've been jonesing about having an alnico in mine. Any problems with running it without a cover?

No, the cover is purely for looks. The instructions that came from Weber even mentioned the cover can be removed if needed. It just looks like any other alnico spreaker

Trending Topics