Weber Blue Dog/Silver Bell 12" speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Deville2Rocket, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Deville2Rocket

Deville2Rocket Member

Anybody doing the 1 Ceramic, 1 Alnico combination?

Like it?

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I've only tried a 50 watt ceramic Silver Bell w/pre-rola doping. It was just "ok" for me, sold it. Now the Scumbacks, I dig. M75's to be exact. Very highly recommended.

3. ghostnote

ghostnote Member

I've got a Ceramic Blue Dog and a Celestion Greenback in my TopHat King Royale - it's a great speaker combo.

4. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

that was my plan for my ac30. ceramic silver bell (30 watts) alnico blue (15 watts).... so the silver bell could fill out the bottom end and the blue would cover me for chime..... I haven't gotten around to picking up the blue yet though so i have a silver bell sitting in my closet collecting dust until I get my act together and stop buying pedals i don't need :D

5. Dave

Dave Member

I had an open back Avatar 2x12 loaded with a ceramic Silver Bell and an AlNiCo Blue Dog, both 30 watts, light dope. I used that cab with my Badger 18 and AC15 clone. I enjoyed the combination for a long time. I eventually replaced the Blue Dog with a Celestion Blue and the Silver Bell with a Scumback H55. The Webers offer amazing bang for the buck and the Blue Dog/Silver Bell combo is killer IMO. I'm definitely happier with the Celestion Blue/Scumback H55 combo, but the Webers are a very close second.

6. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Supporting Member

I run a 30 watt webber alnico Blue Dog and a Hellatone 30 (aged G12h30) in a closed back vertical 2x12 ans IT SMOKES. After the hellatone broke-in time its great tone for pretty much anything from clean to mean. I used it with a Winfield 18/30 and for now thats my own personal tone heaven.:BEER

7. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

The BD/ SB combo is the most popular Weber speaker combo. Among the more notiacable ones Brad Paisley runs the alnico versions in a Dr Z ES Prescription