• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Weber Mass 200. Has anyone here tried it?

Paul86

Hi everyone,
Anybody here has ever tried the Weber Mass 200 attenuator?
If you have, how did you like it (or not)?

Jason_77

I have one that I've been using with my Superlead clone for the last two years and it's done the job well. The louder you can run it (i.e. band level), the better it sounds. If you're trying to get TV volumes, the tone will be noticeably different, but that's true for almost every attenuator. I'll be selling it soon, only because I have a Power Station on the way.

bgh

Silver Supporting Member
I have one that I use mostly when I need to knock the volume down just a bit. For that, it works fine. It does have a treble control such that when you do run it lower and lower, you can compensate some for the tone loss. I like it well enough that I still have and use it when I need it.

Paul86

No, no miracles for me. I'm saving those for things that really count, hehe.
My needs are very much like bgh's. I just want to knock out a few db's when playing out, and I want a passable tone when practicing at home.
I guess I won't be drinking the expensive attenuator kool aid for a while.

Adelbatross

Yep, and I really liked it. As it's been mentioned, you can't really turn a 100 watt firebreather into a small 5 watt combo and get the same tone. I find attenuators work best on amps lower than 30 watts if you want bedroom type levels, whereas for 100 watt amps attenuators are great for live use and not pissing off the sound guy

Trending Topics