weber minimass problem

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jorricustom, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jorricustom

jorricustom Member

I have some problems with the minimass i only got a few days ago.

I have the headphone tap which now does not work properly. the control is OK right at the beginning and right at the end, though in the middle its just extremely quiet or not on at all.

whilst i'm here, the balanced line out i also got was too loud for my desk at least when the amp is dimed somewhat. Is the only solution to get a pad? i have a feeling the cable connector may be unbalanced but i thought this would attenuate signal if anything.

anyone know anything about this?

2. '58Bassman

'58Bassman Member

Why don't you contact Weber about this?

3. jorricustom

jorricustom Member

have of course done that. after working around giving me an answer i'm waiting now. just wondered if there is a quick fix or anyone with this problem. It may have to go back to across the atlantic if it needs a return or service so it seems worth a shot to get it fixed faster.

4. HipKitty

HipKitty Silver Supporting Member

check for broken cold solder joint

5. jorricustom

jorricustom Member

checking with a multimeter, i got a zero resistance across any connection to the rheostat. i guess that means broken pot as the resistance across the outer pins should be the pot's specified resistance shouldn't it as long as there's no shorting wire?

6. TAWeber

TAWeber Member

jorricustom - please email me directly; we will arrange to get you a new one out and have my shipping manager issue a call tag (fedex) to get this one back for inspection... this way you don't have to spend any more time on it...

taweber@webervst.com

7. jorricustom

jorricustom Member

thanks. I think my last email got lost somehow so i was shamefully getting impatient.

8. jorricustom

jorricustom Member

still not resolved. weber seem to taper off all conversation so since it got weber's response faster than emailing last time i'd thought i'd respond here again.