Weber Sig 12B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by frank4001, Feb 6, 2008.

1. frank4001

frank4001 Member

Anyone have any experience with them? I just ordered a couple and I'm looking for some late re-assurance...Seriously I thought they'd be close the the All-Tone 1250 which I like but can't find anymore. Many thanks.

2. frank4001

frank4001 Member

Welll here's update if anyone cares..I put a pre-broken in pair in a 2x12 open back cab and ran a BF Tremolux though it. With a Telecaster they were sounding good and not offensive anywhere..Has good clean and "chime" at lower volumes (my amp on like 8 and volume down on th guitar) and fattened up nicely for leads. So far so good...I'll gig them soon but I can tell already they will work out just fine..Hats off Weber for making a great sounding cheap speaker....Good balance lows to highs.

3. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Member

Thanks for the update. They are on my short list for reasonably priced speakers. Do they sound much different than the Reverend All-tone 1250's?

4. frank4001

frank4001 Member

They seem to have the same charactaristics. Jensen like clean that gets fatter as you turn it up..I have an All-Tone in a Deluxe Reverb and I'll do a head to head at some point....

5. frank4001

frank4001 Member

Compared them(without changing amp or guitar settings however I left the Sig in the 2x12 cab and disconnected one)... and they are very close.....

6. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

I have one that I've used in a lot of different amps and it always sounds good. Ted says it's basically a Celestion Modern Lead design (GM 70?). Great speaker for the money.

7. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

I used one in a Deluxe Reverb II I had once. Made a great ripping little amp!