Weber Speakers vs. Celestion Speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by CaptRonJon, Mar 7, 2008.

1. CaptRonJon

CaptRonJon Member

I'm looking at buying a new amp (Fender Twin Reverb) and am looking at getting rid of the Fender speakers and getting some new ones. I've heard good things about too many speakers; Tone Tubby, Celestion, Weber, Eminence and so on and so on. Anyways, Weber and Celestion are the top 2 for speakers that I could come away with. What do ya'll prefer, play with or whatever.

2. schmerf

schmerf Member

For a Twin Reverb I'd Say Weber. As for what type it depends on the tone you want. His high powered series are great if you want a very transparent speaker similar to a JBL or Electrovoice. Try one of his more Fender voiced American style speakers.

3. Dave

Dave Member

Oh man, finding the right speakers can be really difficult and expensive. I've been through a ton of them and all I can tell you is that it really depends on your own ears and preferences. Here's some to consider:

Weber 12F150
    Weber 12A125
    Weber California
    Eminence Cannabis Rex
    Eminence Red White and Blues
    Eminence Swamp Thang
    Celestion AlNiCo Blue

What do I prefer? With my Clark Kanee Reverb head (like a BF Princeton Reverb) I like the Weber 12F150 and Celestion Blue in a 2x12.

Good luck.

4. krall

krall Supporting Member

I love Webers..Especially the Silver Bell.

5. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I typically like Weber speakers for Fender amps, and Celestions for British amps like Vox, Marshall, Orange, Laney, etc.