Weber speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by samuelson, Jul 7, 2006.

1. samuelson

samuelson Member

anyone using or in love with Weber speakers? and specifically the weber C1230 55 hz cone. I have a chance to pick up two and wanted to know what the best types of music are for these speakers.

2. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

I don't know about the speaker you're asking about. . .however, I've got a Weber 15 watt ceramic blue dog which is a great speaker for classic rock and roll. It doesn't have the high end or bass resonse of a green back or V30. . .more of a mid range hump. All in all, a pretty good speaker.

3. StoneAge Cabs

StoneAge Cabs Silver Supporting Member

The Weber cer 1230-55 is an exceptional speaker. Great for blues & classic rock, as it is a very close interpretation of the late 60's G12 H. Jimi, Creem etc/etc.
    Very deep definitive lows, crunchy mids and crystal clear chimey highs that are not shrill.
    Get them if ya can... !!

4. Birdy

Birdy Member

1 Weber 10" and 2 Weber 12"s in my Fenders.....:dude :dude :dude

5. smilefan

smilefan Member

I'm using the C1230 55hz cone in a 2x12 with a "pre-Rola" treated
    Blue Dog, for my Rockytop 45H. LOVE IT! It brings the big bass
    response and chewy lower mids I want out of that amp.

6. Brick

Brick Member

Last week I put a 12A125 in my Allen Hot Fudge W/ Nuts and I have no plans to take it out.

I had the Weber in another amp and decided to give it a try in the HFwN, replacing the Emi Red, White and Blues and it sounds 100 times better.

It's an incredible match with that amp.

7. Nightfly27

Nightfly27 Member

Hey dere, what's the efficiency of this speaker?

NF

8. Boogs

Boogs Member

Weber Blue Dog = awesome

9. darkbluemurder

darkbluemurder Member

+1 on the Blue Dog. I don't like the 10" as much. They tend to be a bit fizzy IMO.

10. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I'm in love with Eminices new Patriot and Red Coat line ...........but the Webers I've played have always sounded good to my ears. :AOK

11. ChrisGS

ChrisGS Member

I put a 1230-55 with a Redfang in my friend's Bluesbreaker reissue along with the standard mods . That combo of speakers kicks the crap out of the Greenbacks that came with the amp .

I undrstand that the Scumbacks 55hz is real nice too .

Chris.

12. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

in my opinion Webers are the best speakers out there for clarity and articulation. In all honesty I cannot go back to emenence or celeston after playing Scumbacks, which are manufactured by weber. To my ears everything eminence makes sounds like it has a blanket draped over it.

13. Reeek

Reeek Member

30 watt cermic Blue Dog ;)

14. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I've met Ted Weber and seen the operation years ago...

Great guy and speakers. I have tried 3 myself.

C12MZ - what orginally came and has been back in my Dr. Z 1x12" cab... great for blues, modicum of headroom but breaks up well "with" the amp, best fit that I've tried.

P12B "Blue Dog" Celestion Blue-style speaker. Great bark & bite. Not much headroom with the Ghia, but sounded awesome. Great for Led Zep or Tom Petty (Mike Campbell) sound. Possibly too crunchy for blues playing, but it might have responded more to playing with the volume rolled off on the guitar some (which I didn't do back then).

C12CA "California" in the style of a JBL. Very powerful (85 watts?) and has tons of headroom. Ghia was clean ALL the way up, would've been great for jazz or country. Now it lives in my Leslie 120 cabinet, which works great. It likes Fender amps, very happy driving it with a Champ II.

I'd like to get a smaller speaker to put in the Champ II combo for when I'm not using the speaker out, I'll probably look for a WeberVST.