Weber speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by zacaoamargo, Jul 11, 2008.

1. zacaoamargo

zacaoamargo Member

What can you say about these speakers?
    Thanks!

2. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 Supporting Member

My experience is limited to ceramic 30 watt Blue Dogs and Silver Bells in my 4x12. They sound good...but I think I desire something with less top end grit and more of a thick, greenback-type sound. Nevertheless, Ted makes fantastic speakers right here in the USA. If I had to do it all over again, I would get some of his 1225's for my cab.

3. Norjef

Norjef Member

Illi-noise - governors making license plates
    Look at the website, then call or email them for recommendations. Great people, speakers, service. Yep, the whole ball of doping.

4. S.W.Erdnase

S.W.Erdnase Supporting Member

I own and have owned a bunch of amps with the fifties Jensen copies; P10Qs and P10Rs, 15s, 12s and 8s. They are excellent for tweed amps (and my experience is limited to the tweedy variety).

If you go to the site, the reviews are helpful and have even been contributed by folks like Charlie Baty, who knows great tone when he hears it...

5. xStonr

xStonr Member

I have a 12" Blue Dog Ceramic and 10" Alnico Signature which sound great. I had a 8" Alnico Signature which I didn't like. YMMV

6. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

Great products,service and the only place I'll send an original Jensen for a recone.
    The Jensen's I've sent for recone always come back sounding better than their original cone counterparts.

7. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I tried a Silver Bell, 50 watter, ceramic mag, pre-rola doping...didn't do anything for me at all, sold it.

The Scumbacks that Weber makes for Jim are the real deal though. I've been through a couple dozen speakers and the Scumbacks are truely at the top of the class.

8. LGPlayer

LGPlayer Member

I love Weber speakers. Been using a 12F150 and a 12F150B in my Pro Reverb.

I have run the 12F150 and most recent a 12F125A in my DRRI. Great blues tone!!!

These speakers do require a long break-in period.

They are good folks to do business with!

9. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

I know,I bought it from you and while it didn't sound that great in my Deluxe Reverb,it sounds amazing in my Rocky Top 18 watt Marshall clone.And,I used it to replace a blue![​IMG]

10. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

I've tried quite a few (so far only Jensen clones) and so far have really liked them, favs include the 10A100T, 10F125, 10F150T, 12A125, 15F150, 12F100T, and maybe one or 2 others...

Im actually looking pretty hard at some of his Britt 12 right now too...

11. biggreen

biggreen Member

A+ for Ted and his speakers!

12. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

The only Weber I've used was a 12F150 in a DRRI. It did exactly what Ted said it would for that amp and was a huge improvement.

13. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Had a Silver bell Alnico 30w 10" in an amp and loved it.

14. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

I'm currently using his pre-rola's in my main (only) rig. I have about eight different Celestion G12M's of various issue, and a few Emi's. The Weber Pre Rola's are the the dope for my rig, Aiken Sabre into a WDW setup.

15. shizzaq

shizzaq Supporting Member

I have a 30 watt Blue Dog AlNiCo with pre-rola treatment and a 30 watt Silver Bell AlNiCo with pre-rola treatment together in a bluesbreaker style 2x12....absolute heaven. I asked Ted what he suggested for a Ceratone JTM-45 clone and this is what he reccomended. I then talked to Scott at South Valley Vintage Amps (a great speaker guy in california) and he said this is the combo he uses with his personal plexi style amps. It was a drastic improvement over my avatar 2x12 with a v30 and g12h30. I am planning on putting a 12F150 into my recently aquired Gries 35. To me Ted is to speakers what (insert name of favorite boutique amp builder) is to amps. I will add one disclaimer, I do have a Celestion Gold in my Dr Z MAZ 18 and it will be staying there forever. The Gold is utterly amazing.