1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Weber Z matcher with 100W head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Ugh, May 21, 2011.

1. Ugh

Ugh Member

Does anyone know if the 100W Z matcher is designed to handle up to 100W or can you run a cranked/boosted 100W (producing more than 100W) head through one and not mess anything up? I emailed the same question to Weber and got a wishy-washy answer - "It should handle your 100W head."

So does anyone have actual experience with this?

2. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

It can handle a cranked 100 watt head, but a 100 watt head may make the Z-Matcher's transformer rattle. Or in Ted Weber's words, "sing". My Ampeg V4 when cranked to the hilt will cause the Z-Matcher to "sing".

3. Ugh

Ugh Member

Cool. I'll most likely be getting one soon then. How audible is the "singing?"

4. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

I found it kind of annoying after I discovered it was there. It's something that you really have to listen for. Shouldn't be an issue with a close mic'ed cab though.