Webstrings

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by el34power, Jan 25, 2006.

1. el34power

el34power Member

Wel i have had it! I just busted 2 S.O.S. strings (D and hiE) within 5 days of putting'em on. Technique or not!
    Webstrings it is..$14.60 for 4 packs and 10 picks shipped to my door!
    And thats all i have to say about that:rolleyes:

2. discountsounds

discountsounds Member

+1! Love the Webstrings. Didn't know they sold picks, too!?!?

3. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

My usual webstrings order cost a little over $30 for 12 sets. I love 'em.

They are just as good as any other over the counter brand I've used.

4. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

I've never had a problem with the strings I get from Webstrings. It's the best deal I've found. And I like their white celluloid picks.

5. Lefty

Lefty Member

I went the Webstrings route years ago. I prefer other brands (GHS) but when you factor in the $$ issue you can't beat 'em. I find they don't stay as bright as the others as long but hey, at that price you can change them more often.

6. Leftee

Leftee Guest

WebStrings were the last I used before SOB's. They're as good as anything else over the counter, more or less. Went to SOB's amost 2 years ago, and now I can't go back. Ran out recently and had to put a set of store boughts on (after a pickup swap). Got my Snake Oil's in today, so those other strings are coming off! To be honest, I can't stand their tone. Like I said, I can't go back.

Never had a string breakage issue with any strings. Store-boughts last me about 6 weeks before they go dead. I can get 6 months out of SOB's.

Never thought I'd be a string snob, but I learn something new about me every day! :p

7. el34power

el34power Member

I loved the SOS tone but they couldn't stand my abuse. I reaaaaaally bend a lot and hit'em hard when i get carried away:JAM

8. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

I tried to like Webstrings. Maybe I am the Lone Ranger here, but IMO they sucked, like majorly. I've got a handful of sets left over that are at the bottom of the bin.

For me, it's D'Addario, and has been so for nearly 35 years.

9. gomez1856

gomez1856 Member

I used to love webstrings, but I found that the quality varied greatly from batch to batch. Some strings that I got from them began to rust within a couple days of use, some had spots of oxidation already forming that I noticed while putting them on. Others were fine and lived a normal life. It all added up, to me, that I wasn't getting a conistent product and the couple of bucks that I saved wasn't worth it.

Rick

10. jrigg

jrigg Gold Supporting Member

Tried out the Webstrings a few years ago. The price was right but the sound wasn't. I only use SOS now.

11. campersand

campersand Member

I've noticed oxidation spots on my webstrings too, while putting them on. For me, they're fine for playing live but for recording I'd probably stick with something else. What's this SOS brand everyone's talking about? Gotta do some research...

12. autopilot

autopilot Member

i have been using them for 2 years, will check when i order again since i only have 1 package left.