Webstrings

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kmaz, May 22, 2008.

1. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

How do you like the quality of Webstrings for strings?

2. codeorama

codeorama Member

I love them. I have ordered them over and over in the past 2 years. I think they last longer than Ernie Balls.
    I really like the 11-56's they offer too. I tune down a half step in my cover band and that set feels great on my les paul.

3. telemike

telemike Member

I'm a long time user. I don't notice any difference between Webstrings and the other guys. Best deal going for strings. Acoustic sets are mediocre, but the electrics are great.

4. JPenn

JPenn Member

Are they packaged in singles or in a pack like the D'Addarios?

5. codeorama

codeorama Member

The are packaged 2 strings per envelope.

For example, the 1st and 4th strings are in one pack, the 2nd and 5th, 3rd and 6th...

6. Funkwire

Funkwire Member

That has been my experience as well. I use the Memphis Steels, the New York flatwounds, and the electric 12-string sets. All very good and super cheap. The acoustic strings aren't bad, they just didn't seem as good as the electric sets are. Ordering is simple and delivery is fast.

7. JPenn

JPenn Member

That's not too bad. I use D'Addarios because I seem to have less problems with them, but it's really hard picking out the right string on a dark stage if I happen to break a string. I'll have to order some of these.

8. rog951

rog951 Member

I recently grabbed a dozen or so sets from webstrings. I think I've only put on a set or two so far but I have no complaints whatsoever. I can't perceive and tone/feel difference between them and the D'Addarios I've been using. The price was certainly right...it'll be interesting to see how they hold up.