• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Webstrings

Blue Fin

I'm sure this has been discussed here before but is anyone using strings from Webstrings? How do you like them?

Thanks.

bubbaheat

I've used them for a while (electric .10s) as I was changing strings on three guitars monthly and I've decided I don't like them. I play hard and use thick picks and found that I was breaking a lot of strings on all of my guitars. I sent my Heritage 535 out for a setup and it came back with D'Adarios on it. I played the hell out of that guitar and realized two months later that I was shocked that I didn't break a string. That's when I decided to ditch Webstrings.

Blue Fin

Thanks for your input.

I've used them for a while (electric .10s) as I was changing strings on three guitars monthly and I've decided I don't like them. I play hard and use thick picks and found that I was breaking a lot of strings on all of my guitars. I sent my Heritage 535 out for a setup and it came back with D'Adarios on it. I played the hell out of that guitar and realized two months later that I was shocked that I didn't break a string. That's when I decided to ditch Webstrings.

BluesBoy

I have been using them for years. Rarely if ever break a string. I play blues with lots of big bends and I also use heavy picks. I wouldn't hesitate to string up with webstrings no matter what the gig. Can't beat the price and quality matches anything out there. Rumor has it there are only a handful of string factories and that string are sold by many different names.

telechuck

Silver Supporting Member
I had a batch of bad acoustic strings from webstrings and they got replaced with more bad strings. The guy doesn't answer e-mails - you have to call him. Other than that the electrics I've had were fine.

Trending Topics