Weeping and singing

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by BJF, Jul 6, 2006.

1. BJF

BJF Member

2. Teahead

Teahead Member

Great tone as ususal, BJ! Excellent windmill technique too, it's great to see someone having so much fun demonstrating an amp. Thanks for sharing and thanks to Donner for his part in this.

3. BJF

BJF Member

Hi

Thank you Teahead,

Yes, the Tube Wonder is a very nice amp and great fun to play.
    As set just prior to Wild Thing it could go from full on distortion striking hard with a pick and almost clean playing lightly with fingertips.

Oh no don't touch the knobs :nono

Have fun
    BJ

4. VacuumVoodoo

VacuumVoodoo Member

Thanks for doing this impromptu demo with me. Just wonder who had the most fun :BEER

Windmill technique, oh yes that triggered a chain of associations: windmill->a song->Dusty Springfiled "Windmills of your mind"->Vanilla Fudge did it properly---> we should do it next time. I'll just keep my blubber mouth shut and leave the knobs alone, I promise:)

There's more of this demo showing my insatiable lust for twiddling knobs:NUTS: everything dimed... we'll see if Don will want to show this clip too.

5. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,

Oh a pleasure and I'd be honoured you asked me to. Who had most fun I would not know but I at least had great fun.
    :BEER

Haha, yes I must hear that song at some point.:Devil

Just to be perfectly clear: your amp has many tones and of course knobs should be dialed. I meant though that the sound you had set had great dynamics going from full on distortion to better than clean...uh that could be controlled just by picking force and there was no turning of any knob then- it's a sound or perhaps a function that allows control without knobs and a quality I very much like.This was also the fine quality of the first sound you set...where did that distortion come from hehe

Yes, there was more to this demonstration and more fun at that.
    I think though this clip catches the main spirit of not only this demonstration but the show as a whole.

Have more fun and thanks
    BJ

6. babyblue

babyblue Member

I really think you ROCK Bjorn!!!

7. Cussion

Cussion Member

Your bluesplaying is really great, BJ!

Thats a wonderful singing tone you've got in that Les Paul.. PAF tone all the way!
    is it a '59 historic? what kind of pickups?

8. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,

Thank you gentlemen for the good words.

Babyblue:
    Rock I'd like to and I am glad you think I do.

Cussion:
    Ahum, the last time I played the blues was at my wedding 10 years ago.
    It means a lot coming from you as I have heard some of your clips

Oh the Les Paul, as far as I know it's an R9- I just asked Teddy for his best sounding Les Paul and ooops, anybody can play a guitar like that and sound good woohoo :JAM it played itself :eek:- The pick ups were medium strength just as I had requested and thus gave a good stable not too heavy, but singing with feedback tone.

Take care and thanks
    BJ

9. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

I'll say it again: You REALLY have that rock-star presence! And I am saying that because you are not afraid to let music control you: That is very very clear. I think that you in a band would be a great show: a fantastic guitarist with a fantastic tone that really lives for the music and is not being afraid being exposed: HATS OFF, YOU RAWK!!!!!!:dude

10. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

I really dig the hard vibrato - Angus Young himself would be proud! :BEER

11. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

You rock! Great sounding amp...clip was fun to watch....great sounds!