Weird Issue with Russian Big Muff

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by munizfire, Feb 14, 2012.

1. munizfire

munizfire Member

Hey guys!

I just got a Russian Big Muff in a trade (yesterday), but I got to test it today.

Issue? Well, if I put it in the FX Loop, it works (sounds fugly, but it works) BUT when I place it in front of the amp, it doesn't work :huh If it's turned off, the guitar can be heard perfectly, but when I turn it on, no sound comes thru it :confused:

2. andoka

andoka Supporting Member

Try reversing the cables? The input and output are opposite what we're used to on a lot of those. I did that with a Fuzz Face once when I first got it way back and had the input and output reversed because they "weren't on the right sides". I never tried a pedal wired backwards in a loop to see if that works for some reason. That or the switch are what pop out at me. If you did wire it right according to the jacks, then try flipping them anyway. I've seen a few rewired so they're "right". Hopefully it's an easy solution for you. Those Muffs are awesome.

3. munizfire

munizfire Member

I'll try that in a few. BUT, then again, I doubt it would work on the FX loop if it were inverted

OH, and yes, I made sure I plugged the input in the Input labeled jack and so on

4. andoka

andoka Supporting Member

Yeah I figured that was something you'd probably have tried. I had no explanation for working in the loop either. Will you post when you figure it out? This really piqued my curiosity. I've been in the market for a Muff too, so it's good to know these things. Good luck!

5. munizfire

munizfire Member

yea... :facepalm:

it was modded, the jacks were inverted... for some reason it works both ways in the FX loop

6. andoka

andoka Supporting Member

Well that's good that it was a matter of trial and error like that. Sure beats some of the alternatives. I bet that's a relief! Congrats!

7. munizfire

munizfire Member