1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Well, back to the old SS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fossilfuel, May 21, 2011.

1. fossilfuel

fossilfuel dismember

Hey everybody!
    Well, I'm having some Egnater Rebel woes. Early on I've had trouble with this amp. It certainly is a rebel.
    With stock tubes you'd run it between a half of an hour and an hour, it would start to make noise, like rubbing a live mic against your shirt. Then, the popping starts! I'd usually throw it into standby and then off. Once I played through it and it subsided.
    All the searching of threads and whatnot led me to believe that it was the tubes. Ordered new tubes, installed and tried it out. Warmed it up, played for a while and left it running, standby off, to see what would happen. Noise started up again, with more intensity and then popping again! Shut it down and unplugged everything.
    So what I'm after here is if anyone else has had this problem. It's like something has to warm up enough to start the problem. Maybe a link to Nate, if he's still with the company. I sent an e-mail early on but wasn't replied to but I may have put .com instead of .ca, not sure, could be my fault for no response. Just take it into a tech? The guy in town isn't familiar with these amps, could that be a problem? Thanks for any help with this issue.

2. 8len8

8len8 Member

Might be a bad or cold solder joint that gets worse as the amp gets hotter.

3. Rockyrollercat

Rockyrollercat Member

Take it to the guy in town, if he's a good tech he can fix it.

RRC

4. Mika

Mika Member

Take it to a tech, thats the answer.....