Well hell. AC/DC tix

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by GuitarGuy66, Mar 6, 2015.

1. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Man they are asking some crazy prices for ACDC floor tix. I usually bring someone, but at $500 - $600 a pop I think I'm going to lone wolf it. Found one section AX right beside the runway/end platform for myself ($600) and then I pair in section B1 that I'll buy and treat my niece (15) & nephew (13). That will be their Christmas present from me for this year. My sister and her husband don't have pisspots full of money, so instead of me bringing a +1, I'll treat them both to the show.

Especially since its supposedly their last tour.

Dropped the ball when they went on sale, ticket master is always a shitshow anyway.

:facepalm:

2. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

I'd love to see AC/DC again... but not at those prices. I cannot clearly remember, but I think on their Black Ice tour here in Australia, average ticket prices were around $100.

I saw them early 90's at the Ballbreaker tour, and was standing about 3rd row, around 5m from the stage. Think that show only cost me $30... But that was a last minute show they put on in my town after a petition went around, so they must have just done it at cost - LOL...

EDIT: ^^^ BTW, I couldn't hear clearly for 3 days after that Ballbreaker show... !!

3. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    I probably wouldn't even pay $50 unless I had good seats and everyone put their cell phones away. :dunno It's not the band, it's just ridiculous what they have you pay for a concert these days :messedup

4. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

got two at $85 each in MA

5. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Nice. Yeah I totally forgot about the date. They went on sale at 10am. By the time I renembered it was sold out. :(

6. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

Saw them on the black ice tour for free - spectacular show! Hopefully they announce a second us leg so I can get tickets. I'll probably avoid floor seats and stick to the $100 range per tix:dunno

7. Stike

Stike Member

Those are reseller/StubHub prices right?

8. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

Crazy high ticket prices are for those who have the cash and want a guaranteed ticket as soon they go on sale. If you can wait it out until the last minute, you can score great seats for face value. You just have to be willing to wait until the band takes the stage. It usually takes me 10-20 searches per day on TM's website starting the last three days before the show. But they always release great seats for face value near the end. Barring that, I've never not done well in the parking lot or even at the box office an hour before showtime. Mrs. Lee often gives me as a b-day gift a card that reads something like "Good for the best seats you can find for - insert band name - concert." I think the most she's ever paid was $300 for two tix and never worse than 7th row floor.

9. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Yeah. I always see guys selling tix at the venue. They're basically worth $50 each once the show starts. I've even sold a couple extra here and there for that. I don't want to be in the nosebleeds, especially at a stadium. I might as well stay at home and buy a concert DVD of them. It will be a good time. I have the money and I'm usuallu down for $500 - $600 for a pair. At $500 each I'll just go by myself. I don't think anyone else I know is crazy enough to spend that lol

10. Seth L

Seth L Silver Supporting Member

No Malcolm? No Phil? No way.

11. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

I've seen Rush sometimes 7-10x on the same tour. So after the first or second show, it doesn't bother me if I miss the first song, waiting for the ticket prices to drop a lot. But lots of folks spend $500+ per ticket six mos. in advance and end up sitting next to me when I paid face value. Last time I camped out for tix was on the VH F.U.C.K. tour. A week later we were comp'ed tix by a beer distributor who sponsored my band. So we sold the ones we had bought to get more beer and weed for the show.

12. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Yeah. Of course the price on the tickets will be $125.

:facepalm

13. MrX

MrX Member

Sad but true.

14. Blackmore's Hat

Blackmore's Hat Member

FTFY :drink

15. Tylenol Jones

Tylenol Jones Member

Agreed wholeheartedly. Tickets need to be in the 2-digit range for me. No show in the world is worth $600 to me.

16. Bozak

Bozak Member

No Bon? no way.

17. Echoplexi

Echoplexi Silver Supporting Member

Damn I only saw 150$ each the day they went on sale

18. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

ticket master was being weird. Every time I hit refresh it was coming back with different prices.

19. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

I had presales codes the last 2 times for Crüe and foo fighters. No go. Couldn't get anything with ticketmaster. Their sales software is a mess. I've saved money by not going to a few shows I wasn't really into. (Fleetwood Mac, Petty, Fogerty & The Hip) so I don't mind dropping some cash on this show.

I picked up 3 FF tix for $139 each and it looks like the rest (floor GA) are $180 all day long. But man, some people are trying to ask for 2 grand for a pair of ACDC and more.

20. Phila67

Phila67 Member

I have tickets for the meadowlands at about the 50 yard line in the lower seated section. Also about $130 a piece. I thought the prices were actually pretty decent (as opposed to U2 ticket prices). And there didn't appear to be any pre-sales codes. At least none that I were aware of.