Well, I got myself a Big Muff Pi with Wicker..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SHM, Dec 25, 2009.

1. SHM

SHM Member

and I must say I'm stunned.... very Gilmorish tone.... I really like this one. Anyone else?

2. thisday1

thisday1 Member

I wanted one after I had gotten rid of my Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, which is supposed to be a Big Muff-ish tone. It was a little too smooth for me. Can the Tone Wicker get some pretty snarly fuzz sounds?

3. SHM

SHM Member

To my ears, this one can get you a nice fuzz tone.

4. schwa

schwa Member

What's not to like?
    It's small
    True Bypass
    NYC muff sounds
    Different and useful tones with the Wicker

I like it a lot, definitely deserves it's place on my board.

5. SHM

SHM Member

Played it new years eve at "live" volume. This is what I've been missing for a long time!

6. IRG

IRG Member

I liked it a lot too. It got replaced with a Musket, which is great, but the Muff w.TW is a solid value for sure.

7. goodhonk

goodhonk Member

i would love to try one out; i've always liked the muff at home but never with a band.

8. vangit

vangit Silver Supporting Member

Are you guys using it with the wicker on and tone on? Or do you turn the tone off? The wicker seems to add alot of noise

9. Bar-B-Kill

Bar-B-Kill Member

I had it for about 6 months. It just was not my thing, sold it on e-bay 3 weeks ago, and today I see the guy or gal I sold it to has it up for sale as well. I guess you have to have an ear for it, I did'nt. I felt I had to have the wicker on for the best tones, I did like the sustain with this pedal. I guess I play to much palm mute chuncky stuff, and that just does not work with the Big Muff, to flabby sounding. Oh yeah, was floored as to how LOUD this pedal got with the tone knob bypassed, I could see how if you play live this would be a great pedal for cutting through the mix as they say eh!

10. gold_soundz

gold_soundz Member

I really like the big muff tone wicker and put one on my board recently. I've used quite a few big muffs old and new and still own a 70s IC, a NYC and now the tone wicker. This new one sounds really good and cuts through better.

The tone is more similar to the older models than the NYC model, its small and TB. I have the tone wicker switched on, which helps it cut better than other big muffs.