• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Well it is an acoustic

RustyAxe

I just bought up my very first mando last night ... not nearly as nice as yours, though. I played until the wee hours (I'm feeling like it now, too, and have a set to play tonight ... not mandolin, though ... :)).

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful - love the blonde finish.

My wife bought me one of these for Christmas.

shadco

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought up my very first mando last night ... not nearly as nice as yours, though. I played until the wee hours (I'm feeling like it now, too, and have a set to play tonight ... not mandolin, though ... :)).
Careful now.

I jumped in whole hog and ended up with blisters under my calluses after 2 days.

Lay off the pulloffs to start with

:D

RustyAxe

Careful now.

I jumped in whole hog and ended up with blisters under my calluses after 2 days.

Lay off the pulloffs to start with

:D
Not to worry, my fingertips on my left hand have VERY thick calous pads on 'em. I can't feel anything I touch with my fingertips, and I'm accustomed to playing for long stints. I've been lovin' the mando, mostly just simple chords. I need to practice the G/C/D "chop" chords ... who'd think it would be such s-t-r-e-t-c-h on such a teenie fretboard ... LOL! I'll need to really concentrate on some scales until I get used to the tuning in 5ths. I've already added mando tracks to a couple of things I recorded previously. But they ain't anything to write home about!

shadco

Silver Supporting Member
Those chop chords are fun aren't they? They say switch between em 50 times each a day to get where you need to be. The G is my personal favorite.

Check out the back

RustyAxe

That's a beauty! I don't think anything except beautiful instruments ever comes out of that shop. As to the chords, well ... the C/G switch isn't difficult, but the D switch is tough for me. Fifty repetitions a day just might do the trick ... in a month!

Trending Topics