Well now I've gone and done it. Studio2 content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by shadco, Dec 23, 2009.

1. shadco

shadco Member

I've sent off my deposit for one of Jeff Bober's East Amplification Studio2 amps.

I hope to see it sometime in January.

Here's a brief description from Jeff.

I just ordered the head

Studio2 Description

The first model I decided to release is a 2 watt head called the EAST Amplification Studio2. Three 12AX7's in the pre-amp section, a 5U4 rectifier and two 12AT7's in a push-pull configuration for the output stage. Controls are Gain (pre-volume to control the amount of front end saturation) Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence and Master Volume. It's capable of a pretty wide range of sounds. I try not to do direct comparisons to other manufacturers, so think The Who (at lower volumes. hey, it's only 2 watts so there's a limited amount of clean power) to Mr Carlton, to almost metal-ish (with the right guitar). It should turn out to be a wonderful recording tool for lots of players.

There is a matching equally great sounding1x10 extension that pairs extremely well with the Studio2 Head. Speaker of choice for the cabinet so far seems to be the Eminence Ragin Cajun. It allows the widest range of tones from the amp/cab combination. Although the amp is only two watts, it is also capable of some pretty substantial volume and the cab/speaker combination has a very full range and a great bottom end.

The amp also sports an internal load and adjustable line output so that the amp can be used as a direct recording device or sent to a power amp or effects return input of a larger amp for more volume.

2. GeLoFi

GeLoFi Supporting Member

Real cool, does he have a website?