Welp, I bought a AmpRx BrownBox

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Eskimo_Joe, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Eskimo_Joe

Eskimo_Joe Rocker, roller, way out of controller Supporting Member

I'm both excited and frightened. I hope it is as helpful as I think it should be.

indeedido likes this.
  2. bullet6759

bullet6759 Silver Supporting Member

I have been using mine for two weeks and its a God send. I have 40 plus vintage amps and they all sound much better with this thing. Even ones that were noisy no more !

3. Neon Soul

Neon Soul Member

Me too.

Got a Brownie sitting here, waiting for my Silverface DR to come back from the tech after a tune up.

4. BJJ&Blues

BJJ&Blues Supporting Member

Can you use two amps at the same time through one brown box?

5. blackba

blackba Member

As long as they don't exceed the current rating of the brownbox, which as I remember is 5A. For example, I think two Fender Deluxe Reverbs would work. Contact Amprx to confirm before ordering. :)

6. oakmon

oakmon Silver Supporting Member

Hello all, I just bought a brownbox a few days ago. I have a 67 blackface vibrolux reverb and a 66 super reverb.You will not be disappointed.I would like to hear what other users say about the preferred voltage on their old fender amps.Fender says 117 volts on the 60's stuff. I talked to the inventor yesterday and he says he runs his at 112 volts.I started at 117 volts, but tried 113 and I think it sounds better.It really smooths out the harshness.Good investment and it protects your vintage amps.Thanks to all for the great opinions.

edwardz and bullet6759 like this.