1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Went to see Miranda Lambert.....

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Blueswede, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Blueswede

Blueswede Gold Supporting Member

My girlfriend and I went out to Pechanga to see Miranda Lambert a couple of weeks ago; man, what a great show! For a gal who's only 24, she really puts on a good show. Very good singing, and man, she's a cutie......and her band is top notch. Two guitar players, one playing mostly a goldtop LP with P90s and the other playing mostly a Tele. He also played acoustic and a dobro. Very tight band, great tones from both. If you like some great country, and I use that term loosely, see one of her shows. One of the better shows we've seen in a while. Stood the entire time. I'll post some pics as soon as I download them from my camera.

2. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

I believe the killer Eddie Perez is playing with her now, late of Dwight Yoakam and the Mavericks.

[​IMG]

3. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Don't know much about her music but she's gorgeous.

4. Gas-man

Debatable. :boxer

She's no Julianne Hough, but I don't think Julianne writes her own material (or parts thereof) like Miranda.

[​IMG]

5. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Ok then, 10 minute opening arguments then 1 minute discussion.:MMM

GO!

6. Blueswede

Actually that's not true; her guitar players are Alex Weedan and Scotty Wray....

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Not the best picture of Julianne I've ever seen either.:huh

Miranda and Julianne are in totally different classifications of musicianship and performing. Julianne is cookie-cutter country. Nice to look at, pleasing to the ear as well, but definitely NOT going to be taking any chances with her music. Miranda is more rootsy, more honky-tonk, and probably has more control over what she releases.

8. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Member

Saw her on ACL and I stayed on the channel for a minute because :drool

and then ended up watching the whole program because I actually liked the music. :banana

9. JohnK24

JohnK24 Member

Yep...Miranda fan here...been following her since the Nashville Star era...great tunes, nice voice and love her attitude and moxie...plus she's cute as hell.

10. Gas-man

You sure that is up to date?

I've seen her twice now on TV with Perez.

11. Gas-man

Her singles do not support this point.

Kerosene is a straight forward rock song. Me and Charlie Talkin' is MOR lite-country.

12. Blueswede

Well, I saw her two weeks ago, and those were the two guys playing with her. I went to her site to find out who her guitar players were, and the pics matched the names, so........

13. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

Ya'll got close....Eddie is playing with Julianne Hough. I met him after she played a show with Brad Paisley here in So Cal. He's a great player and was rockin a 65 SOHO (hi-powered version).

PS - Alex Weedan's tone smokes in Miranda's "Gun Powder and Lead" video (the one with Jack Ingram as a guest).