• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Went to Wildwest guitars in Riverside....tried a bunch of pedals...

radcliff

My friend and I got the chance to try a whole grip of pedals through a cranked up Badcat Classic Cat.....here's what some of our opinions were....
guitars were a Suhr strat and tele....unbelievable guitars

Keeley Fuzzhead - not much of a difference between the two settings and I've heard much better fuz pedals and much better overdrive pedals

Keeley Java - this pedal rocked, sounded huge, just a real natural gain EQ, really melded well with tons of volume, and loved the threeway switch

Fulltone Octafuzz - the octave was kind of silly, but the fuzz by itself on this pedal sounded glorious, i think it might be the same fuzz as the '69 fuzz, it was great

Fulltone Dejavibe - really subtle effect, i had never played one but the Mojovibe is a much better vibe IMO, alot thicker

TRex Replica - could not get this to really sound remarkable, not 300 dollars remarkable. the delays were ok, but i wanted to be sold on this pedal because its small and has a tap tempo, but i wasnt

Keeley BD2 - this pedal really sounded great and natural, but there was alot of background noise, unlike most of the other stuff we tried

Keeley Compressor - my friends and i arent compressor fans, but this did have a nice cluck to it, remided me of my old Maxon compressor, probably shouldve kept that....

your thoughts....

veer chasm

The guys at Wild West are great. Very friendly and no lame salesman vibe. They let me play whatever I want and never make me feel like I'm wasting their time.

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
Wild West Guitars is a really cool place!
Lot's of great gear and again they are a really great bunch of guys!
So if your in So Cal you should check out Wild West Guitars...

radcliff

Yes, definiately check out that store, best in Socal.

They let you just run around like a kid in a candy store and play whatever you want as loud as you want...so you can really try stuff. We were playing loud, but they didn't mind, they knew we were pushing the amps.

Joe Boy

Yes, definiately check out that store, best in Socal.

They let you just run around like a kid in a candy store and play whatever you want as loud as you want...so you can really try stuff. We were playing loud, but they didn't mind, they knew we were pushing the amps.
And you bought a...??..

veer chasm

Let me put it this way: after you go into Wild West you will NEVER look at a music store the same way again. They even let you drag amps onto their club stage in the back of the store if you want to test out an amp in a real world setting. The store already is unreal, when you realize there's a club in the back that put's the Roxy and Whiskey to shame your jaw will drop.
Ryan, did you try out the 2 knob or 4 knob version of the Keeley Compressor? Did you buy anything?

empty71

How cool!!! I've been visiting friends in Riverside, CA the past 2 Springs and I didn't realize Wildwest are located there:jo

I'll definitely drop by again when I'm in Riverside :)

DaveG

Platinum Supporting Member
I think WWG is a fantastic store for guitars & amps, but the times I've been there, they've had a very disappointing selection of pedals.

G

GearOnTheBrain

I agree DaveG.
Their pedal selection has always been lacking in my opinion.
Now they are carrying Keeley so that's cool though.
It would be nice to see Moog or Menatone or Zvex there.
Expand, expand!

Luke

LSchefman

>>Fulltone Dejavibe - really subtle effect, i had never played one but the Mojovibe is a much better vibe IMO, alot thicker<<

Funny how tastes go...

I think the Fulltone's great, but the Mojovibe's too thick.

Just goes to show ya that's why different manufacturers make different things! :)

hw2nw

Silver Supporting Member
love that store! They've expanded their Bad Cat and ÷13 collections a ton. I didn't think they had an amazing pedal collection but some cool stuff nonetheless.

Trending Topics