1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

West Chester Music Saved the Day!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dirty145, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dirty145

dirty145 Member

I just wanted to take the time to send out a sincere thank you to fellow TGP'er WestChesterDave from West Chester Music Store. Some of you may have read my earlier threads about the debacle that I suffered with GC and the purchase of a new Gibson Classic Custom Les Paul. I won't go into all of the details since I already outlined them in other threads, but in short, GC provided me a less than exceptional experience. Unfortunately, the guitar that they sold me had an uneven fretboard, and they apparently could not get me another guitar, because "apparently there weren't any more in any other GC stores in the country. Of course I found this to be a lie, but in the midst, I was pm'd by WestChesterDave telling me that he had the guitar I was looking for in his store. Fortunately, his store was only about an hour away and I was able to check it out in person. The guitar was beautiful and Dave even agreed to match the price that GC had given me (with the 20% off coupon during Black Friday). I don't know many shops that would/could do that!!!!! Needless to say, walking into the shop was like a breath of fresh air. I almost forgot how much I missed the feel of a nice "Mom and Pop" Shop. They had some great gear, everything from Orange Amps, Marshall Amps, Mesa amps, Gibson guitars, PRS, etc... I don't think I will ever buy another guitar from GC after this experience, but I have learned a great lesson out of this. I simply forgot how nice it is to talk to a knowledgeable, friendly store owner who is not just looking for a quick sale, but is looking to build a long relationship by providing awesome customer service and a great product. I know that this sounds like a West Chester Music Store commercial, but I truly wanted to share my experience with you all, since this time last week I was practically in tears after my GC experience. Thanks again Dave for all of your help!!!!! Check out his store at www.westchestermusicstore.com when you get a chance!!!

2. believerevolt

believerevolt Member

I bought a Triple Recto head there in 1999, and had a great experience too.

3. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

Almost everything I've purchased in the last two or so years has come from West Chester Music. They have great gear, prices and service and I managed to develop a good friendship with some of the guys there as well. It's nice to have a place to go and waste a few hours talking, playing and drooling over new gear.

I'd highly recommend them to anyone, especially those in the area. It's more than worth the trip to check out what they have.

4. dirty145

dirty145 Member

It sure is!!!!!

5. Mikey2201

Mikey2201 Member

West Chester Dave is great. I bought a LP standard with a beautiful cherryburst top at a price that brought me to West Chester from Philadelphia which is about an hour away. I would and will be buying from West Chester Music again.

6. westchesterdave

westchesterdave Member

Thanks for all the kind words. It's great to know we've made a lasting impression for the right reasons. I look forward to seeing each of you again.

7. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I could not find anything on Westchester Music website, if they carry custom shop Fenders. Do they carry Fender, because I am always looking to score a good deal on a custom shop strat.:JAM

8. 02Singlecut

02Singlecut Supporting Member

It pays to do biz with the Mom and Pop stores......They tend to open up stock and evaluate the build quality vs. ripping open the boxes and just hanging them on the wall. Great reminder to support your small independant guys!!!!!!:munch

9. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Some of them are fine, but there are a few bad apples in the bunch, just like the big guys. You have to shop around!:cool:

10. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

They do not carry Custom Shop Fender, they almost did and another local store cried about it.

The have Gibson USA, Gibson Custom, Gibson Acoustics, PRS, Tom Anderson, Gretsch, G&L, Epiphone, ESP, Bourgeois, Santa Cruz, Ephiphone Masterbuilt, Takamine and Taylor. They may some other low end stuff but this is what I can remember off the top of my head.

They carry Victoria, Carr, Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Vox and Orange amps and they stock Boss, Voodoo Labs, Hao, EHX, Vox and Dunlop pedals. They tend to have a nice selection of Fralin and Seymour Duncan pickups as well.

Like I said, I've bought 95% off all of my gear and accesories there in the past few years and I'll continue to go back. It might be a small shop but it's packed with all kinds of goodness.

11. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Thanks for your information. I guess I won't try their store out, because I am in the market for another custom shop strat.
    Glad you had a smooth transaction with them.:D

12. JayScott

JayScott Member

They've recently started to carry Anderson and Collings electrics, too, and their acoustic department is doing some interesting new stuff. Well worth a look! :AOK