• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

West Coast Blues Thread v. 12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

btg

I remember seeing that first post and the first responses and thinking this is great - there is someone besides me into this stuff

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
I remember seeing that first post and the first responses and thinking this is great - there is someone besides me into this stuff
"I am a fan of Jr Watson, Rick Holmstrom, Kid Ramos and Hollywood Fats. All three get a torn speaker kind of overdrive tone.."

Blues math at it's finest.

zappafrank

Hey, zappafrank, good luck with healing up soon. Also, just wanted to contact you re the Portland music scene.

Anyone in Portland need an excellent bass player? My son plans to move out there this summer. He's an excellent player, loves jazz but plays any style. He has an upright which is what he mostly likes to use, but also loves electric, James Jamerson, etc, plays all that, and can read music if needed. He's been playing WC and Chicago style stuff with bloo and I in our band, and R&B in bloo's trio, and does frequent jazz gigs with the best guys in town. Know anybody that might need a player?

How's the scene there in general for a guy like this looking to pick up some gigs?

We can take this to PMs, but wondered if there might be anyone else in the area that would have some input or interest.
Well--- I do dig my bassist in my band---BUT--- he does not do the cool upright thing! hit me up at my email--- I am sure we could abuse his talents for very little money around here--- love to hear a sample? I have a 2-guitar band right now, but still love to do the trad thing w/ harmonica too--- sounds like your son may fit right in! my email is--- acblueguitar@hotmail.com

AC

RickyKing

Silver Supporting Member
I think it is about time for a new version of this thread since we are at page 99. Any nominations for the person who should start the new thread?

I am thinking the honor should go to a long time poster. Fretshop comes to mind.

Nominations now open
9 years, we should have a party…

Last edited:

fretshop

I think it is about time for a new version of this thread since we are at page 99. Any nominations for the person who should start the new thread?

I am thinking the honor should go to a long time poster. Fretshop comes to mind.

Nominations now open
Fretshop doesn't even know the difference between upload and download...so good luck...plus I have a F'n hangover.

Lagavulin 16 ....meeeh... I like the Balvenie Signature better.

And yeah...I was kinda wondering over the last week or so when this version of "As The Blues Turns" would flip.

O.K., where did I put my shades ?

mannish

I could barely tolerate my one trip to the IBC so I know there is no way I could tolerate the Guitar Center thing.

The year I was at the IBC (2005 I think) Ryan & Sean Carney had a good jam going at some club. My buddy Shawn sat in some on harp. I played at a decent jam with some folks at WC Handy Hall. However a lot of clubs had wankers and holiday inn acts. I did have a GREAT time although it was cold & snowy.

I say go for it as well.

I didn't know they had that many backing tracks for contestants. I always figured that they just had 4 or 5(four slow blues and a box shuffle :rimshot). The track you picked doesn't sound too cheesy, maybe the drums just a tad, that's about it.

S.W.Erdnase

Silver Supporting Member
Ha!--- Are you saying you don't like my dumbass FB posts?:thud:thud
Naw. Just that youR activity seems to have spiked since becoming immobilized.

Between your posts and the post of another friend at the opposite end of the spectrum (who works for Boeing in Seattle) I am now highly informed. :stir

Poppa Stoppa

Hey, anyone know anything about a Peavey Valverb?
Yep Ricky I had one for a while. Very decent spring reverb and tremolo. Absolutely neutral with regard to tone and level, as far as my tin ears could tell. Just not terribly convenient, being a largish rack-mount unit. Got rid of it pretty soon just because of the hassle of having to find a place to balance it on my amp.

KBR

I agree, Pete
Doyle Bramhall 2 is one awesome, Blues Player.
Has that old JLV style, too. wicked Tones and ability!

zappafrank

Awww--- you guys are too sweet--- will do my duty in a minute or two---

S.W.--- You are absolutely right--- I now have TIME to post musings and catch up on reading and such! And glad that my liberal leanings help balance out your buddy's on FB! lol!

...Sure would like to hear Alex do that instrumental version of 'Rainy Night In Georgia'!
AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics