West Coast Blues Thread Version 19

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Scott Miller, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Scott Miller

Scott Miller Member

Kicking it off, it's time for NorCal to represent, with the original West Coast Blues, SK Blues, from Saunders King.

2. RickyKing

RickyKing Supporting Member

I will Gladly defer to Scott!
    Keeping That West Coast Groove Happening!

3. RickyKing

I was gonna start with the same thing, but its broken...:peenut

4. t135

t135 Member

I think Carlos Santana is married to his daughter.

5. RickyKing

What makes you say that?

6. stratocat63

stratocat63 Supporting Member

Maybe his Wiki page?

Liked the music so I looked him up, since I was under educated and had never heard of him.

7. johnhenry

johnhenry Supporting Member

aren't there laws against that? :anon

Dale likes this.
  8. Carmour

Carmour Member

9. groove_king

groove_king Member

BWAAHAHAHAHA!! That's what I first thought when I read that! For a moment I thought the WCB thread had run out of things to talk about so we were moving over to celebrity gossip.

:rotflmao

10. GOLDENSTRAT

GOLDENSTRAT Member

11. t135

t135 Member

:) no silly, married to Saunders kings daughter. I heard that a few years ago.

12. RickyKing

13. Poppa Stoppa

Poppa Stoppa Member

Great vintage clip of JV Ricky!

Here's one from that London show I posted about - Boom Bapa Boom.
    Lou Ann! BillyP takes a solo!! Behind the head action! Crowd sings along!
    http://youtu.be/bZ4-nfSy0xU

14. RickyKing

15. RickyKing

Getting' My Groove On..

16. straightblues

straightblues Member

Well I took the family on a little road trip last week. 5 hours in the car. I hit the kids up with a little Pork Chop music and everyone was happy. Everyone loved your songs Scott!

17. tommy harkenrider

tommy harkenrider Member

Hey all, haven't been around much. Took the family on vacation I'll be playing with al chesis this Saturday at dazzle in Denver. If anyone's as
    Around I'd love to see you. I'll be test drivng my new Guitar by Grez guitars. In Petaluma. Definitely a looker. I'm on my iPhone so google him and you should see mine. As far as tavos new moonshine amp goes. I think it's the best class a going. Definitely affordable for the American market.

18. groove_king

groove_king Member

Looks good Tommy! Make sure you spill the beans on specs when you can. :)

19. Scott Miller

Scott Miller Member

Thanks, I've heard from a few sources that it's a pretty good car CD.

20. RickyKing

Sadness..
    From
    Randy Chortkoff
    It is with a heavy heart that I do my best to relate the news regarding the condition of Richard "Lynwood Slim" Duran. Out of respect for Slim's family I have not reported any news of his condition this week. To dispel any rumors and to answer the MANY questions I have received I will attempt to explain what limited knowledge I have about his condition and fate. At this time Richard is still with us and has not passed. As some of you may know Slim had surgery a week ago to relive the pressure on his brain and gain a better understanding of his overall condition. After the surgery Richard remained heavily sedated and on a breathing apparatus. He was taken off of heavy sedation a couple of days ago but remained in a coma and on life support. It was determined at that time that there was serious damage to his brain and additionally his kidney's were failing. This in conjunction with his existing liver condition that included a degree of liver cancer brought the ER physician to the conclusion that the humane thing to do was to take Slim off of life support. It was the opinion of Richards mother, family and some close friends that a second opinion was necessary. The result of that opinion was again that it would best serve him to be taken off of life support. Please keep in mind that what I am relaying may not be facts but only what is my best understanding of the situation based on my conversations with David "Kid" Ramos and Slims partner Judy. Slim's family has made the decision to remove life support today, Saturday August 2nd at 12:00 pm PST. It is in Gods hands as to when Slim will make the journey and transition to the other side. Slim's family and close friends have been keeping constant vigil at the hospital and saying their goodbyes. At this time it would be best to express your love, respect and prayers for his peaceful transition through your words, feelings, photo's and support on his Facebook site or here. I will be at the hospital today and would be honored to pass your condolences to his family and friends. I will also pass your love directly to Richard as I believe his spirit can hear and feel you. Lynwood Slim has touched the hearts of thousands world wide through his friendships, personality and music. His music and legacy will remain forever. I will relate any information regarding funeral and memorial arrangements as I get them and I am sure others will do the same. God bless Richard "Lynwood Slim" Duran.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014