West Coast Blues Thread Version 19

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Scott Miller, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Axis29

Axis29 Supporting Member

I think we may have discussed this before... But, I had an older ES-340 with the 3 way (in-phase/out-of-phase/kill), Master Volume, Blend and two Tones.

I really loved this scheme and would love to replicate it, but as I recall the switch had a couple extra blades for the poles. Love to figure out how to do this and still get the switch in a regular LP switch cavity.

Maybe some day soon I'll start fiddling with it again.

George, I will definitely be interested in your take on the GFS P-90s!

TwoFeets likes this.
  2. RickyKing

RickyKing Supporting Member

Hello all!
    I am looking for replacement tuners for Harmony H-62. The Waverly ones, and ferrules.
    Please check your parts stock and see what you have, and want to sell.
    Thanks!!

3. stratocat63

stratocat63 Supporting Member

I am getting ready to play guitar tech with a set of Tyson 57 wrap tails with the leads constructed so I can get OOP and I am trying a push pull so I can switch out. I am a real dummy when it comes to understanding this stuff but think I can solder good enough if I am told where and have swapped out stuff in my archtop and an Edwards 335 copy. This is going in my 330.

Some of what I swapped out were those GFS mean 90s. They were the humbucker sized ones, I don't know how much different they are from the original size. But I really liked them in my old hacked up Gretsch Country Club. Enough that I got a second set; someone sold me some for $25 on here a few years back and when I got them they were brand new, never installed. I am hoping I like the Tysons more because they were not $25 lol.

4. valcotone

valcotone Silver Supporting Member

Hi Ricky, I don’t have any unfortunately, but have you checked Stew-Mac? They seem to have a good selection of (new) older style tuners.

RickyKing likes this.
  5. tapeworm

tapeworm Member

Had never seen this one. SRV,
    Duke and Kim Wilson.

6. Axis29

Axis29 Supporting Member

Next time someone asks me for some SRV, I'll play something more like that! LOL

Funny, I've always heard the Jimmie influence in Stevie's playing, but you can really hear it at the beginning, the little snippet. Very interesting.

Great bits of music there.

7. JimR56

JimR56 Member

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen it in awhile. Duke grinning a big grin beginning at 9:21, as Stevie is finishing his solo, says it all.

Whenever I see earlier videos or photos of Stevie wearing that style of knit cap, it reminds me of the time I saw him with DT and Louann Barton at the SFBF, in 1979. He was not a headliner then, of course, in fact that was the first time a lot of us had heard his name. I still have a few photos (negatives too) that I shot that day, and have never tried to do anything with. I think I did share some of the shots of the Cray Band earlier in this thread, though. Great memories, fading further and further... especially since there seem to be no surviving videos of the Cray Band with Curtis Salgado.

RickyKing and Axis29 like this.
  8. RickyKing

RickyKing Supporting Member

Please let us see some pix!

9. Sweetfinger

Sweetfinger Supporting Member

RickyKing likes this.
  10. blujaz1

blujaz1 Supporting Member

I think we're going to see more of these for sale in the future with the recent introduction of the El Pescadoro which is the same pedal with a unique reverb added. I'm selling mine for the same price but it has the Bright/Wooly switch on the side rather than the top. Haven't listed it yet.

11. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

The bay listing says Country of Origin is China. That’s gotta just be a mistake.

12. tommc

tommc Member

13. JimR56

JimR56 Member

I haven't scanned any of my photos other than the Cray Band shots I mentioned, but I found a couple of nice photos from that day (8/12/79) at the band shell in Golden Gate Park on a photographer's website. One of Vaughan and Barton backstage; and one of Luther Tucker and Jimmy Rodgers on stage. Here's a link: http://markweber.free-jazz.net/2015/03/28/the-special-rider/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tapeworm and drlucky like this.
  14. JimR56

JimR56 Member

I just realized that the red-haired photographer at the edge of the stage in that top Cray Band photo might be Mark Weber, whose site I linked to above. I remember watching him taking pictures that day.