West Coast Blues Thread Version 5.0

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by valcotone, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Phebus

Jeff Phebus Member

2. Goldie295

Goldie295 Senior Member

Got it from the JLV Facebook page. I posted I wasn't sure it was correct but they are adamant. So there it is. Funny to hear about your Eastwood H44. Mine also has flats on it! No old strato pups though. Sounds like a killer jazz guitar set up that way - sort of a Martino sound. Haven't played mine for ages. Must break it out soon.

3. Guitar Matt

Guitar Matt Member

Speaking of h44's....Got my custom 2 pu 54' stratotone from G-man last week have played 3 gigs with it with three different amps and this guitar is the best thing since slice bread!!
    I cannot overstate what a bad ass guitar this is. The work and craftsmanship George put into this is fantastic. The Binding is very impresive. Plays like a dream and gets tones that i can't really put my finger on cause it almost sounds like a tele, almost a les paul and kinda strat like. The bridge pickup really suprized me how good it sounds.
    When i pick behind the bridge pu its very fat but when pick inbetween the pu's it's gets a beefed up 4 positon strat tone.
    I listened to George play Misty on the neck pickup threw a B Mill Blues JR. and i could have sworn it was a archtop. Very sweet neck tones.

For any more info ask G-man cause he knows alot more about the specs then I do.

All i know is it sounds good looks good and plays good, and for me that's all i really care about. On to the next project......

4. dukeh62

dukeh62 Supporting Member

Congrats Matt...I bet that double pickup H44 is a killer.

Thought you guys would dig seeing my latest pickup...has some issues, but couldn't have afforded one without them. Now time to sell that minty H44 that's been sitting in the closet!

[​IMG]

5. Billm

Billm Member

I second that! It's an awesome little guitar and George really went the extra mile on some the details to make it perfect. The fret work is so beautiful you'd suspect he has a Plek in his basement! 'Fess up, George -- you don't have one, do you?

6. valcotone

valcotone Silver Supporting Member

George very kindly did a refret on a Strat neck for me, and I can't imagine a better job. I believe his skills are beyond what a Plek machine could accomplish.

GuitarMatt & Duke... congrats on the new guitars!!

7. Thinsocks

Thinsocks Supporting Member

Very cool. I was real hot for one of those awhile back. It's cool that one has a Bigsby. Did you get that from Dan?

8. Stringmaster

Stringmaster Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Killer Duke. I just picked up a recent Ltd. Ed. Chinese "Custom Shop" Riviera:huh--it's a great guitar in it's own right--big fat neck too, which is uncommon with the import thinlines. I couldn't resist for the price, and in all honesty, it's nearly flawless. I can only imagine how great yours is!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. pete kanaras

pete kanaras Member

I believe his skills are beyond what a Plek machine could accomplish.

that is absolutely true valco. i've seen george work up close and so i know what i'm talking about. a plek job can never equal the feel and quality of a fret job performed by a truly great master luthier like a george goumas or a dominick ramos, two guys with over 45 years Each in the art of repair, can accomplish. what they can do cannot be bested by a machine. a machine like that is a great aid to speed up workflow, enable you to do other tasks while it does it's thing and so on. but in my experience that's about it....

10. Guitar Matt

Guitar Matt Member

Cool man...mint h44 huh?

11. dukeh62

Great guitars Stringmaster and Matt! Killer work George...you're on my short list for some projects down the road!

Frank...Dan owned the guitar at one time, but I didn't buy it directly from him. I talked to him (and another previous owner) quite a bit about the guitar though. Dan "bigsby'd" it.

12. TwoFeets

TwoFeets Member

Guitar looks great but now I'm craving steamers BIG TIME!

13. gguitar55

gguitar55 Member

Think I'm gonna try the gray tigers I got from Valcotone in an R6 I bought off Goldie. He put Lollar 50's winds in there, it sounds great already.

Poppa.... I bet if you tried Wolfetone P90s you'd throw the Lollars in the Thames... I replaced the 50's winds in the Tokai and that guitar CAME TO LIFE! Check out the clip at the end of V4.0.

Let us know how the GT caps work out.

I need to ask, without being a smarta... Is this thread available in English?
    needs footnotes or sumpthin'.

14. dukeh62

Mint.

15. S.W.Erdnase

S.W.Erdnase Supporting Member

Mmm-mmm. Claa-a-a-a-a-ams.

Speaking of clams:

16. valcotone

valcotone Silver Supporting Member

17. Stringmaster

Stringmaster Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Dang Valco--Killer stuff, thanks for sharing. DD

18. Schwalbe

Schwalbe Supporting Member

Cool
    And cool

19. mr_jlemko

mr_jlemko Member

I saw Eddie Taylor many times. I really like the Eddie Taylor CD entitled, "Long Way From Home". It's pretty representative of the Eddie Taylor sound in live performance. Recorded live in Japan, it features Louis Myers, Dave Myers and Odie Payne. He was great!

20. TwoFeets

TwoFeets Member

Yeah, Long Way from Home is cool. Odie Payne is a trip on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.