West Coast Blues Thread Version 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimfog

Whew.......and they say the blues is dead?

At least talking about it sure is popular!!!

Last edited:

bbarnard

So i'm a hack player but I'm excited to say that one of our (my) originals is getting some airplay on radio. We were played a couple weeks ago on Bishop FM in England and by KRVM's Breakfast with the Blues (Portland) a couple Sundays ago. KRVM will be playing us again this coming Sunday.

Pretty cool for a hack like me. The track they've been playing is here:
AirPlayDirect.com/6thstreetrhythmandbluesrevie

Poppa Stoppa

Cool, the thread lives on. Just standing on Wimbledon station waiting for the 21:58 to Kingston, listening to Valco's Wynonie Harris post and some tracks off Alex's album Think About It on my iPhone. Just thought I'd give you some local colour where I am. Yes a drink has been taken. Mike Law, your vids with Chris Ruest were great. Bill, you're getting airtime in County Durham? Oustanding!! What the heck is Goldie / Phil up to this time??
Geoff

TwoFeets

We missed the anniversary of Lester Butler's passing on May 10. It's been exactly 13 years.

schultzvil

In the Clean Channel
Gold Supporting Member
We missed the anniversary of Lester Butler's passing on May 10. It's been exactly 13 years.
Wow, good point. Hadn't thought about that. R.I.P. my friend.
We'll be doing a cool gig in L.A. on sunday, memorial day weekend-
Simi Valley Cajun & Blues festival- Butler- I'm on it, along with Johnny Morgan and Willie J Campbell on bass
A TRIBUTE TO LESTER BUTLER FEAT. “BIG PETE” VAN DER PLUIJM
33-year old Dutch blues vocalist and harp master “Big Pete” van der Pluijm pays tribute to the late Los Angeles blues icon Lester Butler for a very special set of music featuring Butler’s ex-bandmates Alex Schultz on guitar, Also featuring special guest Al Blake from the Hollywood Blue Flames.
www.myspace.com/bigpete1977
http://simicajun.org/2011/?page_id=6

RickyKing

Silver Supporting Member
The Red Devils Are Everywhere! I'm Having The Pleasure Of
Working With Paul Size This Sunday!

Jove

Wow, good point. Hadn't thought about that. R.I.P. my friend.
We'll be doing a cool gig in L.A. on sunday, memorial day weekend-
Simi Valley Cajun & Blues festival- Butler- I'm on it, along with Johnny Morgan and Willie J Campbell on bass
A TRIBUTE TO LESTER BUTLER FEAT. “BIG PETE” VAN DER PLUIJM
33-year old Dutch blues vocalist and harp master “Big Pete” van der Pluijm pays tribute to the late Los Angeles blues icon Lester Butler for a very special set of music featuring Butler’s ex-bandmates Alex Schultz on guitar, Also featuring special guest Al Blake from the Hollywood Blue Flames.
www.myspace.com/bigpete1977
http://simicajun.org/2011/?page_id=6
Thanks for the heads up, Alex. I'll be there. Wouldn't miss that.

J

Goldie295

Okay so here's the deal - I thought I was being a bit irritating for the more established player/members here and so I "made my excuses and left". However, I have actually posted nearly 1,000 times on this thread and judging by a few of messages I have received, my irritating comments and vids have been missed!! lol

Okay so, I'm Back!! :aok

And here is a vid of - and posted shamelessly to promote - my band: The Delano Rockets. lol It's a first time gig and as Geoff is alway too busy to rehearse we clearly decided to do it on the bandstand..........well if it worked for Sean Costello.......(it won't work for me.........).

Anyway, get stuck in!!

Cheers,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics