Westone Concord III - projected value?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by organdy, May 17, 2011.

1. organdy

organdy Member

Is anyone familiar with these MIJ guitars? I see they seem to have a bit of a following, but I can't find any info on their value. What's a range to expect them to fall under? my local pawn shop has one for sale for $140

2. fretless

fretless Silver Supporting Member

Cant say I can help you in determining the value, but I can say for a while in the eighties I played a Westone bass and it was great. A few years back I was looking at some on Ebay and they were bringing around $300ish. It seems the 80's Japanese made stuff is now "vintage".

3. Virtual Pariah

Virtual Pariah Member

Westone was part of the Matsumoto factory runs in the 80's. (Fuji Gen I believe)
    Generally regarded as some of the higher quality stuff coming out of the east for it's time.

Catch the right person and you can get a good value if you are selling one.

I'd probably direct you to a Jackson or Ibanez forum for more information. I've about expended what I know in those 2 sentences.

4. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

Westone was a brand made by Matsumoku for most of its run, with some late Korean production after Matsumoku closed up in '87. The Concord was Japanese made. 140 bucks is a good price given that it was sort of their equivalent of the Ibanez Roadstar, and even the lower end Roadstars run around 400 bucks these days.

5. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

I'd like a Trevor Rabin Sig someday.
    In Blue!

S.
    j

6. grungebob

grungebob Member

good guitars and at that price worth it, the necks can be a tad narrow though.

7. organdy

organdy Member

cool! thanks for the info, guys.

8. gulliver

gulliver Supporting Member

One of those deals where it's a great price if you need a cheap but good guitar, but if you're going to buy it just to have, only to flip in the near future, you're probably better off being a nice guy and letting someone else get the deal.