Wet/Dry Using Input 2 on a Fender Amp

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
I use a 1965 Deluxe Reverb with the mod that puts both channels in phase (both have spring reverb).

Was wondering if there was any benefit to running my dry signal into the amp, then running a cable out of input 2 into my delay and reverb pedals > input 1 of the second channel.

I wouldn't be able to set the delays and verbs 100% wet as there are 4 pedals in series, though this would be similar to running delays and verbs in an FX loop, right?

Is there any benefit to doing this rather than running all the pedals into 1 input? I tend to run my amp fairly cranked up (6-8), and use ODs to push it further.

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
That's called "the poor-man's wet rig." I think some folks have been doing this for years. Cool idea but a wee hassle as you have an extra set of cables from your pedals to your amp.

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
An extra set of cables is less hassle than a second amp. Wondering the benefits I'd get from running the wet effects this way, vs. everything through 1 input vs. having a separate wet amp.

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
Well, IME, it's better than running everything in series between your guitar and the amp....but not vastly better. It's not nearly as good as having a separate stereo wet-rig. Nothing is. But that is a hassle and can be expensive. So the "poor man's wet rig" is really easy...but it literally sounds like a compromise...which it literally is.

That said, it's easy enough to try. Just try it!

Trending Topics