wet/dry/wet set up????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by buddyboy69, Feb 29, 2012.

1. buddyboy69

buddyboy69 Member

yesterday i read a post about a wet/dry/wet amp setup. its the first ive heard of it and it sounds like a great idea. what i want to try is this, im not sure it will work, and i dont want to experiment if it might damage something.

so i want to run straight into my 67' bassman blackface for the dry signal. out of that into my pedal board which separates into stereo into 2 hot rod devilles for the wet. im wondering if the signal coming out of the bassman #2 jack will be safe to use as a pre amp signal for the rest of the rig without frying anything. i know the jack can be used to jumper from the normal channel to bass channel for more "tone". but im not sure if its o.k. to send that signal to another amp.

not a realistic live setup, but its rehersal night and id like to try it to see how it sounds.

john

2. buddyboy69

buddyboy69 Member

well it works. although it does not improve anything. sounds better with the bassman run in stereo with another amp. the wet/dry/wet did sound great when all amps were cranked up, but i dont see where it would be usable unless im playing a stadium soon. its extremely loud, its shakin stuff off the walls upstairs. take that drummer!

3. peterdjp

peterdjp Member