WET v3 on the way!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Geosh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

I'm excited so I thought I would share. I just got an email from Brian and the V3 Wet is now shipping! I was going to wait for the stereo one, but figured I would try this one first and maybe save myself $50. I can't wait!!

2. JHVRay

JHVRay Member

:agree I'm stoked about it.

3. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

"Out for Delivery" :rockin

4. oxtone

oxtone Member

Is V.3 only for the Mono version? Or will there be a V.3 WET Stereo version, too?

5. coralreefer

coralreefer Senior Member

Of course there's a new version...I just bought a stereo WET last week!! DOH!!:eek:

6. No.9

No.9 Member

I'm pretty sure the Stereo Wet has been current and was updated a little while ago, it's the non-stereo version of the WET that is getting up-to-speed/the update.

7. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

Can't the Stereo update via computer link? Or is that just Chroma Chorus and whatnot alterations?

8. mjtripper

mjtripper Supporting Member

The stereo wet and stereo chroma can both be updated via the software - with any of the available programs.

9. No.9

No.9 Member

As far as I know the Stereo WET has had the capability for updates and editing parameters for a while. The new version of the mono WET also had a physical update to the board, I think one change was the removal of the on/off buffer switch. I could be wrong here.

10. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Well it is here and it is KILLER!! I now see what all the WET hype was about!! I could only play it at bedroom levels tonight but so far so good. I will give it a proper run through on Wed. I think the only thing that I am going to miss from my Blue Sky that I sold is the tone knobs, but the Wet sounds pretty good as is so far and the modulation to the verb it just perfect. Subtle and rich all at the same time. It really does blend in with your sound a lot better than the BSR did and the super long decay is a lot of fun too.

Im excited. I will report back when the honeymoon is over.

11. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

i never use reverb, im a delay man, but since i got my stereo WET a few months back, i use it ALL the time! love it

12. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

My interest is piqued. I've had my v1 since they came out and I can't imagine it sounding better, but a 3rd version now? Hmm. Interesting.

13. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

Shoot! I got a wet V2 a year ago and the honeymoon never ended. I did sell it a few weeks ago and replaced it with a stereo Wet. Im kinda on the fence with it because it doesnt do the whole 100% wet thing but im running stereo so i kinda gotta hqve it. As far as the tone control goes, i keep it right in the center(like the original i think) and would gladly do away with the tone control in exchange for 100% wet capabilities. I hope Brian will/can create this as a future option. :idea

14. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Maybe you should ask Brian before jumping to conclusions. When running at 12V for line level, you might be able to get line level and 100% wet at 60% on the knob. If I can find a 12V adapter around the house, I can give this a shot on Wed and report back.

15. Gear-Junkie

Gear-Junkie Supporting Member

So regarding the Wet mono pedal, are the changes between v2 and v3 really that significant to justify upgrading to a v3? It looks like you loose the battery option AND the buffer/true bypass switch of v2.

16. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

You get "trails bypass" which I like. I don't think there is enough going on to justify an upgrade from a V2 to a V3, but the trails bypass made me ok with buying the mono v3 instead of the stereo version. I didn't want the V2 mono because of the cutoff when bypassed.

17. Koa70

Koa70 Member

Is the mix taper on v3 different? More gradual than the previous. That's what I read.