Wetter Box Configurations

Daprofessor

Was wondering what people would want to experiment with in mixing two effects?

Maybe a Klone/Tube Screamer or maybe a Fuzz/Flanger?

Last edited:

ripoffriffs

Silver Supporting Member
This pedal was more trouble than its attempt to solve problems. It introduces gain above unity & there's constant adjustment to balance volime & gain.

This pedal was more trouble than its attempt to solve problems. It introduces gain above unity & there's constant adjustment to balance volime & gain.
Ouch. Seems a bit harsh?

I would love to have just a board with the Wetter Box smack in the middle and a load of effects on either side to blend.

Muff-style fuzz with a medium gain, slightly mids-forward OD.

Flanger and chorus for sure. Probably chorus and UniVibe too.

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
The classic use is to run kill-dry time-based FX like delays, reverbs, etc in the loop and then blend them back together with the parallel dry path. Especially useful for avoiding running your dry tone through multiple A-D/D-A stages or other superfluous circuitry.

You can then also add other FX just to the wet path - for example, I love adding an envelope filter or phaser or flanger just on the delays. Some players may add comps or even gates to one path but not the other. Some may add an EQ that applies just to one path. Basically, all the cool stuff that is standard technique in the recording studio and easy to do on a console or in a DAW.

As for running different drive or fuzz pedals in parallel, certainly it can be done but then you need to deal with polarity and potentially other issues. Personally I’ve never found a benefit to running parallel dirt in a mono setup (stereo is a different ballgame ...), but some players claim to love it.

ripoffriffs

Silver Supporting Member
Ouch. Seems a bit harsh?

I would love to have just a board with the Wetter Box smack in the middle and a load of effects on either side to blend.

Muff-style fuzz with a medium gain, slightly mids-forward OD.

Flanger and chorus for sure. Probably chorus and UniVibe too.
It's my experience with the pedal. I don't wanna be constantly fiddling about. I need to be playing songs & learning solos.

Boogyin1979

I used another brand of parallel Looper for years. Originally to overcome the hideous AD/DA conversion (already mentioned) on the old DL-4. From there I grabbed another one to get some non-rock lead sounds with different OD's and Distortions in the loop.

I have had the Wetter Box for a few weeks and have had a great experience thus far. I am wiring up a gimmicky board that I hope to eventually use live and mostly using Mix mode to blend in Delay and Reverb in Loop B.

Took about 30 seconds to get the gains evened out. Sounding spot on.