WGS ET-90 vs. Liberator 80...

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
does anyone here have both, and if so, can u tell me the difference in them tone wise?
I've been using an ET-90 and it's just a bit to present and needs a bit more mids for me

ianblond

My second day with ET90 in 1x12 combo.I have similar feelings - good speaker but needs a bit more midrange , maybe upper midrange.Highs are ok for me.Too many choices with WGS.

remocity

Silver Supporting Member
Can't comment on the Liberator, but it seems you're describing an ET65 which has a touch less high, a touch less lows, and definitely more mid-range.

Last edited:

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Can't comment on the Liberator, but it seems you're describing an ET65 which has a touch less high, a touch less lows, and definitely more mid-range.
Hi.. Have you compared the et-65 to the et-90?

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
If the et90 could use more midrange, sounds like NOT the speaker for me at the moment. Thanks!
Milo, the et-90 has mids.. It's pretty even.. I'd just like to have more low mids actually...It's a different sound when coming from the speaker, as opposed to turning up your mid control on your amp...

Millo 3.1

Milo, the et-90 has mids.. It's pretty even.. I'd just like to have more low mids actually...It's a different sound when coming from the speaker, as opposed to turning up your mid control on your amp...
Oh! Gotcha. I'm not exactly a friend of overtly mid-scooped sounds--at least not coming from me... Thanks for the clarification.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Oh! Gotcha. I'm not exactly a friend of overtly mid-scooped sounds--at least not coming from me... Thanks for the clarification.
Sure..I understand.. It's definitely not scooped like a G12-75... I tried the WGS Classic 80's a few years back, but that speaker was way mid heavy to almost being obnoxious... I also just run openback 1/12 cabs.. I'm sure a 2/12 can with ET-90's would have enough mids, but I just don't want to deal with all that weight...

MHG

My SinwWave Cynergy sounds phenomenal with this speaker. Just perfectly balanced. It really comes down to the amp being used. I think it would be very helpful if everyone included the amps they're using.

Trending Topics